The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Log?

2 posters

Go down

Auto-Log? Empty Auto-Log?

Post by Tricky January 5th 2008, 5:44 am

Is there an auto-log in the Forumotion forum codes? It has not happened to me but, one of my admins was getting constantly kicked off the forum and having to log back in. This may change things but, after a while he gave up on trying to log back and in left for awhile. When he came back, his password would not work no on was on. I do not get this but I read it plain and clear, he tried everything that he could and nothing worked. He forgot about the "Forgot Password" button and made a new account to tell us that his account would not let him on and that it was kicking him. Here is the creepy part, he registered his second account with the same e-mail. Thats not possible, right? Shocked I tried making a test account to test everything that I added in a members view and I tried using the same e-mail. It would not allow me, said a user was already registered.

Here is a little worse, after this all happened, I switched off of my founder account to test something out on my test account (I got another e-mail to use for it) and I tried every password that I have made in my life, none of them worked. I can even tell everyone my old password on there since I had to change it but, it was "admincp" I tried that fifty times over and it would not let me in. I then tried to log in to my founder account, same thing happened. I always leave my founder account on "Remember me" and only log off when I'm going on my test account. I think someone hacked my forum...

See, told you at the begining that I was getting off topic. So, is there an auto-logger that logs out members after a certain period of time? Question
Tricky
Tricky
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Auto-Log? Empty Re: Auto-Log?

Post by Luky January 5th 2008, 10:09 am

If you are inactive for a time, you will be logged off automatically. And if you still can't access your forum you should use the back-up feature to restore your forum Here
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky January 7th 2008, 1:19 am

Thats what I was wanting, still not sure about losing passwords though...thanks!
Tricky
Tricky
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 7th 2008, 9:09 am

You're welcome
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106