The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For some reason, the categories don't appear

3 posters

Go down

For some reason, the categories don't appear Empty For some reason, the categories don't appear

Post by MKDS_PoKE January 7th 2008, 3:35 am

They don't appear on the screen for me for some reason. By that, I can't see them, but i'm unsure about others. Anyway, here is my forum:

http://smashball.forumn.org/index.htm

On the Admin CP, in the Categories and Forums, it currently has the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smash Ball
Okay (Category 1)
-Your First Forum
The Brawl (Category 2)
-Ya
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I do this and check my forum out, it's just 2 forums, the "Your First Forum" and "Ya" forum. It does not seperate them in category boxes. How can I enable it to show the categories, not just the forums?
MKDS_PoKE

Language : English

Back to top Go down

For some reason, the categories don't appear Empty Re: For some reason, the categories don't appear

Post by Blax January 7th 2008, 4:20 am

there not category's there forums when your making a category make sure the box says category and not forum.
Blax
Blax
Forumember

Male Posts : 262

http://real.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

For some reason, the categories don't appear Empty Re: For some reason, the categories don't appear

Post by MKDS_PoKE January 7th 2008, 4:57 am

Blax wrote:there not category's there forums when your making a category make sure the box says category and not forum.
I know that, and i've tried. It's still not working. Here is a screenshot of it in the admin cp if anyone needs:

For some reason, the categories don't appear Sgwa
MKDS_PoKE

Back to top Go down

Post by MKDS_PoKE January 7th 2008, 5:16 am

Here is what I want, though I do not how to on forumotion's admin cp:

Basically box's with the category in the box, which i've seen on every phpbb3 forum, and also on my old hosted phpbb version 3.0 forum as well, along with many other professional phpbb 3.0 forums, or others. Here is a screen shot:

For some reason, the categories don't appear Fawgxu5

The circled is what I want. Now THOSE are categories. Seperating the forums as I want. How do I accomplish this? Is it even possible on formotion >_>? (lol ignore the horrible circling, it was paint)
MKDS_PoKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 7th 2008, 9:16 am

Go to admin panel=>General=>Homepage=>Hierarchy. look for "Split categories on index" and choose Full.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down