The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (reoccuring error page)

Go down

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (reoccuring error page) Empty INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (reoccuring error page)

Post by nosaj January 11th 2008, 11:44 pm

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kayaksportfishing.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have been running PHPBB forums for a few years. As far as I know, we haven't made any changes in the past few months. In the past month we've been experiencing a reoccuring error. This error is random; sometimes the forum is working fine while other times not so. The error may show up 5 times in a row and sometimes you can surf through the forum for 10 minutes without disruption. Unfortunately, our members are growing restless as this error seems to be showing up with more frequency.

We are currently running phpBB 2.0.19. I believe I asked our hosting company about 2 months ago to update the server PHP version to PHP5. I didn't notice any problems at the time. As I mentioned, it's been getting progressively worse and now we're losing members. The hosting company couldn't replicate the problem until recently and the errors don't show in the log. The Hosting company recommended that I adjust the script so the error would appear in the log. I just don't know enough about this stuff to begin modifying scripts.

Someone mentioned that the problem must be in my forum script, not the server PHP. Do you think if I updated to the latest forum version this would take care of this internal server error?

Btw, we're running PHP Banner Ads from one MYSql database. I turned that off and removed the script from the forum headers and still received the error.

Your assistance is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Jason
http://kayaksportfishing.com/phpBB2/index.php
nosaj

Male Posts : 1
Language : English

http://kayaksportfishing.com/phpBB2/index.php

Back to top Go down