The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.

4 posters

Go down

An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Empty An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.

Post by Derri May 26th 2012, 10:04 pm

Hi this is a quick question.

A member somehow managed to unsubscribe himself from the group he was placed in and he was put in just as a member. We have a members group who cannot see specific forums.

So he became a member with no group.

So my question is.

What do they see if they are not a part of any group.

Do they see the entire forums even if we have some sections hidden? So do they see the entire bored.....

Thanks as I was just wondering about this.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Empty Re: An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.

Post by Sir Chivas™ May 26th 2012, 10:08 pm

Hi, Hello

If you don't want members to unsubscribe themselves, then go here: ACP >> Users & Groups >> User's options >> Allow members to unsubscribe : No.

Recommend you to check the member's permission. Also, of course the members are able to view different things, in each group right? Just check the permission.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Empty Re: An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.

Post by Darren1 May 26th 2012, 10:12 pm

Hi,

Chivas, thats the option to disallow the removal from the forum, not the groups.

You can only remove the ability of leaving a group via templates, and Javascript.

If their not apart of what a group, they cannot see what that group sees.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ May 26th 2012, 10:16 pm

I'm sorry Darren. I always, thought it was the Groups. Oh my god
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri May 26th 2012, 10:29 pm

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Chivas, thats the option to disallow the removal from the forum, not the groups.

You can only remove the ability of leaving a group via templates, and Javascript.

If their not apart of what a group, they cannot see what that group sees.

Really then how do we stop them from unsubscribing

Sir Chivas™️ wrote:I'm sorry Darren. I always, thought it was the Groups. Oh my god

Really cause I always thought the same as you. Are you sure?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape May 27th 2012, 12:41 am

Darren1 is right that setting in the ACP is only to stop members from leaving your forum without telling you
The only way to stop members from leaving a group is to add them to a hiden group and then they can not see the settings
auto Group1= Hide Auto Group2 = closed if they remove them self from Auto Group 2 there stil be in 1 and can not see them self in that group so they will not know there even in there

If you have set it so all new members are placed in to the members group and they then see all the forums then when they remove them self there only see what the guests see on your forum and nothing else

Hope this helps you some more

~Ape~

An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Left1212An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Center11An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Right112
An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Ape_b110
An quick question about groups and unsubscribing.  Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down