The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

+131
t2008y
Master Marc
InsanityVonMike
Blofeld
oliver96
dina_qa
luka_07
Voltinova
:)tayne:)
Japorized
DeathSoul
Nelsaidi
MrMega
HBX210
dark
ftofttsfof
dencey
Joost
some12
thunderboyx
Sports Fan
Soggy
ParadiseKid
SophieDophs
FMstuffSucks
wolverine
Antonio26
dragonintel
Merlinz
Administrator1
Base
Lady Vala
crn818
john waller 10328
akashic
FoG
~Chris
Fireflare88
musket
Cb Hr
soprano23
Mey
Luky
Sky
Walshy95
Demonspike
Sanket
Luka_09
kirk
Darren1
jack20
~Julian~
MrMario
RikaComet
Cherry Blossom
Trevor
yuu_yuki
yukisnowflake
ECarminan15
RCMZ
Christos
ifzombie
lilypad
CANADIEN
ylli
Redsun
Creazy8
Splytte
z4mboni
A_Nonny_Moose
sprtygurl_021
hellboy999
nimiel
abid861
Beno
N!X
Strike
tyhodge07
uttejito
Kazuto
KiiD CuDii
Streen
Antonio1992
BEO
whigworld
Dragon0092
shadin_007
TanMan77777777
KirbySB
Dot Com
Lydia
Tilum
ConMan
Broly Ss10
Nazar
Saurus
mamabear
crystal786
sunburnedpenguin
Gaia-Online Forums
Jalokim
studiowiz
Adiex
{DS}LT.mick
Luka_08
Mr.Killerguitar
brandonmccoy
Doctor Inferno
Jables
Sambob
efbe
gilbertgea
HiteshForPM
WWGG
Skittles
acef596
TOH
Ike
eveningpolestar
1st4Advertising
Shadow
HaXBoX7
gptpinoy
jules12345
Jinx
Random
h4rl3y123
Nessa
zinex
hitesh
Caihlem
135 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 4 Empty [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Caihlem Mon 24 Dec 2007 - 11:55

First topic message reminder :

Here you can ask all your questions about ForuMotion itself Smile

Last edited by on Sun 20 Jan 2008 - 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Jalokim Thu 22 May 2008 - 15:07

Caihlem wrote:Well, that's a curious question indeed...
Allow me to explain:
Caihlem: english nationailty, speeks french
Typlo: french nationality, speaks english
The Godfather: french nationality, speaks english
Skittles: americain (guess that counts as eglish speaking)
Luky: Romanian nationality, speaks english
Travis Cooper: Americain (another one Razz)
Eximma: French nationality, speaks english
Jalokim: Polish nationaliy, speaks english
Maxime: French nationality, speaks english
As for }{e-man, I do not know Embarassed

I'd just say it's a circumstancry turn up in events. When a staff member is chose (excpet for Admin & Techie) as long as their english level is fluent, we don' give a damn if it's their first, second or tenth language Wink

as for }{e-man he is from Egipt and speaks english.

My first language is polish, but I know english far better then polish.
heh lol
i liked this thread
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 4 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Gaia-Online Forums Sun 25 May 2008 - 7:01

How do you split off onto new tables on your web page?
Gaia-Online Forums
Gaia-Online Forums

Male Posts : 10
Language : English

http://www.pulzi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Sun 25 May 2008 - 11:43

Support is for the Support section.
This thread is for questions concerning the company, the staff, and such
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2008 - 15:15

when was the last time a staff was chosen?

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Mon 26 May 2008 - 14:11

20/03/08
Luky is promoted to Global Moderator

03/04/08
Travis_Cooper joins the staff as Moderator

08/04/08
}{e-Man & Maxime both join the adventure in the Graphics Team
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2008 - 19:31

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luka_08 Tue 27 May 2008 - 16:59

when it will be possible to add attachments to our forumotion forums? Very Happy
Luka_08
Luka_08
Forumember

Male Posts : 553
Language : hrvatski, engleski, talijanski, njemački, latinski, srpski, bosanski, i svašta nešta

http://math-forum.org/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2008 - 1:04

Luka_08: That is a suggestion up for the technicians approval. We have to wait for them to consider it and hopefully add it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luka_08 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 22:21

how many posts have tho whole forumotion boards? (i mean all the forums created by forumotion?)
Luka_08
Luka_08
Forumember

Language : hrvatski, engleski, talijanski, njemački, latinski, srpski, bosanski, i svašta nešta

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Sat 14 Jun 2008 - 4:32

I have questions, but judging by the rest of this thread they will not get answered, but lets see....

Question If the Techies are paid staff, why are they not doing their job properly? If they were volunteers I could understand the lack of support and acknowledgement of members problems, but they are paid!!!!???? That just adds insult to injury. I would like my problem, posted over a month ago and now moved to tech support, looked at asap.

Question Perhaps someone should clarify once and for all why the forums databases are not available for purchase, if someone is not happy with the service and/or wants to take more control over thier forum. The law states that the database belongs to forumotion, I get that, but it also states that the database owner may at their own descretion sell that database to a third party......ie the forum founder. So whats the deal?

Last edited by sunburnedpenguin on Sat 14 Jun 2008 - 4:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bad use of emotes)
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

http://losties.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 23:33

Question: Why does forumotion ask us for our address and personal info when we order an domain name?
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Female Posts : 924

http://www.thesocialgalaxy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 21:16

sunburnedpenguin:
Seems you don't expect answers, problem solved Rolling Eyes

Crystal86:
I'll ask Typlo to come answer that Wink

sunburnedpenguin:
> The techies are paid. Oh by the way, they still can't speak english, so if you want them to post french enjoy... They're job isn't to provide support (why are we here otherwise?) but to continue to provide updates, fix bugs and basically work the internet pages

> We don't want to sell our databases we don't want to - simple enough.
And also explained many times before
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 9:10

Caihlem wrote:sunburnedpenguin:
Seems you don't expect answers, problem solved Rolling Eyes

Crystal86:
I'll ask Typlo to come answer that Wink

sunburnedpenguin:
> The techies are paid. Oh by the way, they still can't speak english, so if you want them to post french enjoy... They're job isn't to provide support (why are we here otherwise?) but to continue to provide updates, fix bugs and basically work the internet pages

> We don't want to sell our databases we don't want to - simple enough.
And also explained many times before

Sarcasm.....how refreshing fufufu

So...whos job is it to look at my problem then? Did you look after reading this? Do YOU have an answer? If it is not the techies problem then why was it moved to the tech support section?

Re: database.....it has not been explained to me at anytime, so dont give me that attitude. "because we dont want to" is not really an explanation anyway. Nice try, but please try harder next time.
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 15:35

sunburnedpenguin: Just because you have a problem doesn't mean you can take it out on the rest of the team. and about the database, if you happend to use the search feature, you would of found many answers to your question.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 17:09

dragonfir731 wrote:sunburnedpenguin: Just because you have a problem doesn't mean you can take it out on the rest of the team. and about the database, if you happend to use the search feature, you would of found many answers to your question.

Drag~

Excuse me, but when I have a problem that is posted on a TECHNICAL SUPPORT forum, and it goes unanswered for 6 WEEKS.......I have every right to complain and try to get someone to take this seriously. Did you bother to look? No....all your interested in is scoring points with "the team".

As for the search function, its the first thing I did thank you. I am not an idiot. And guess what I found? No answers other than countless echos of "its our database we can do what we like yada yada yada".

You know what, if I had gotten just a simple "we cant look at this right now but please leave it with us and we shall have a look when we have time, thank you for your patience" then I would have been more than happy to wait. But not even an acknowledgment. That is rude, unproffessional and damn infuriating.

So please dragonfir, get off your high horse.
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 18:11

sunburnedpenguin wrote:
Re: database.....it has not been explained to me at anytime, so dont give me that attitude. "because we dont want to" is not really an explanation anyway. Nice try, but please try harder next time.

Listen, That answer has already been responded to numerous times on this forum. Caihlem has stated very clearly That you may not have access to the forumotion databases, period, Why? Because it is thier choice, That's why. End of story. You may not like that answer, and that's fine too, but walking around here complaining and whining will not get you a different answer here, I promise. May I suggest you come to terms with that answer and do as you see fit with how ever you choose to handle your forum while here at forumotion. Get over it! And stop insulting people here. I'm very sure your attitude will not get you far here like this. [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 4 Mouais
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 18:23

You know what Nessa, get off my ass. I have a valid complaint that is not being heard. Period.
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 18:47

Ok...Nessa I apologise for that last comment. I know you are merely sticking up for a forum you love and I repsect that.

I am just feeling very frustrated but I should not be taking it out on you.

This is not me atall.
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 19:55

Sun, either calm down or you'll be banned
This isn't sarcastic, this isn't "heated", this is a calm warning (not an official one either)

Your problem: Why no I didn't look at it, I dare trust my staff displace the correct topics to the correct sections

The Database: We don't need to say more, we don't say more
Could you give a full report on why you like a color, or why this is nice or not? (At least we can't)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by sunburnedpenguin Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 20:57

Caihlem wrote:Sun, either calm down or you'll be banned
This isn't sarcastic, this isn't "heated", this is a calm warning (not an official one either)

Understood. I dont want to cause problems, I just want some kind of acknowledgement that my problem will be looked at. It has been 6 weeks now and I expect a better service than that.

Caihlem wrote:Your problem: Why no I didn't look at it, I dare trust my staff displace the correct topics to the correct sections

But you haven't checked. You probably dont even know what the issue is, when it could be something that YOU could answer with your experience.

Caihlem wrote:The Database: We don't need to say more, we don't say more
Could you give a full report on why you like a color, or why this is nice or not? (At least we can't)

I'm past caring about this issue TBH. Please just look at my problem and atleast acknowledge it. Its in tech support, right near the top.
sunburnedpenguin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 19:34

hello? Can somebody answer my question please? My patience is running out!
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 20:37

I dont know if this helps at all, I have bought a few domain names, all .co.uk ( none for a forum) In the UK when you buy a domain, you have to give full adress and details, as the domain is registered to you personally.
A register is kept of domains and who they are registred to, this means no one but you can tranfer your domain to another site. It is a security thing.
Not sure if it is the same here.
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 0:10

crystal: pm typlo about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luka_08 Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 9:28

just bumping
Luka_08 wrote:how many posts have tho whole forumotion boards? (i mean all the forums created by forumotion?)
Luka_08
Luka_08
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 13:31

I do not think that they can tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 13:52

TT

Sorry about that Luka_08 & Crystal876 Embarassed

Luka_08:
Can't tell Confused
We do not have the tools to know, and the post count is permanently increasing

Crystal876:
I'll try and get Typlo to come asap to answer your question
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:21

What is the company that is running forumotion?

Also, is it guaranteed that forumotion will run forever?
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Mon 23 Jun 2008 - 21:20

Crystal876:
We ask for your personal informations so as that when the Domain is bought, it's yours and not ours Wink

Doctor Inferno:
> The name, I forgot, I'll get back at you when I got it Embarassed
> Forumotion doesn't intend on dieing, but if worst comes to worst, we'd close and give out the databases Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 Mon 23 Jun 2008 - 21:20

Caihlem wrote:Crystal876:
We ask for your personal informations so as that when the Domain is bought, it's yours and not ours Wink

Thanks! Very Happy
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 0:02

I've run a forum at ProBoards for about 4 years now and want to move from their to my own hosted software - too many stupid rules there for adults to contend with. In doing so I will lose all 4 years worth of threads and data, as well as my 500 member database. I'm not aware of any free forum that will give someone a backup of their databases, so that is a non-issue afaic.

I'm trying Forumotion to see if I can handle phpBB. So far I like it but it will not allow me to do things I absolutely MUST have available, while allowing me to do things I can't do on ProBoards software - such as having privaye, passworded forums one has to be a member of to even see displayed. And others not as easily (headers and footers, for example) I can't get answers I need, and there is no formal manual we can download to understand exactly how certain options work. That is a problem that needs addressing before hysteria over Forumotion going "bankrupt", in my opinion. I'm hoping the non-hosted version of phpBB V2 (I don't care for v3 at all) will give me those options. If not I'll be looking for something else.

On the other hand, Forumotion is wicked fast on my systems. MUCH faster than ProBoards, which has about 3 MILLION forums hosted. I love the idea a member can belong to more than one group.

I would have to say that if Forumotion was not profitable - it wouldn't be here 6 years, and most likely never would have started in the first place. Nobody is going to finance a bad business plan. The start-up costs for something like this are enormous.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next