The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section]

2 posters

Go down

problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section] Empty problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section]

Post by uttejito January 23rd 2008, 4:31 pm

hi

i cant announce anything globally. why is that? u dont have the option or i just cant do it the rite way?

in some forums i saw that certain sections are password protected. like u can see the thread but when u click on it it says this thread is password protected contact forum administrator for ur own password and stuffs. i wanna make a section like that. so is it possible in your forum?

it looks like mods here are sensitive abt thread naming i dont know if i got them rite. but if i ddnt some1 tell me what shud i name them! and the space is kinda low :S for topic i mean lol anyway

waiting for early reply Smile
uttejito

Language : English

Back to top Go down

problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section] Empty Re: problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section]

Post by zinex January 23rd 2008, 4:56 pm

global announcement is not a feature of forumotion though you can use the homepage message box to act as an annoucement.

You also cant password protect threads, but you can make a group that you can add members to, and then make a forum that only members in that group can see. Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section] Empty Re: problems [Global Announcment and Password protected section]

Post by uttejito January 23rd 2008, 5:44 pm

ohhh well i did try those both. so yeh i have them working as u said but what i asked for is preferable by me. oh well cant be helped.

thanx for ur quick reply Smile
uttejito

Language : English

Back to top Go down