The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

4 posters

Go down

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by efi January 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm

I went to admin panel--> user & groups-->ranks
and I made a rank callled moderators, I selected yes to special rank
I even uploaded an icon, but when I look at my moderators
posts they appear as members!

How can I make them have the moderators rank?
efi
efi
Forumember

Female Posts : 104
Language : greek,english,italian

http://www.eskaforum.com

Back to top Go down

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty Re: How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by zinex January 23rd 2008, 4:55 pm

if you go into admin>>users and groups>>users find the member you want to have the mod rank, scroll to the bottom of his or her profile and select moderator out of the ranks list Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank? Empty Re: How do I assign the moderators to the moderators' rank?

Post by efi January 23rd 2008, 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot Zinex

You always help!
efi
efi
Forumember

Female Posts : 104
Language : greek,english,italian

http://www.eskaforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David58bug January 26th 2008, 6:34 pm

Ok my name is David I am a member of shoptalkforums.com it is a air cooled VW site we are experincing problem with MySQL. Plans are to upgrade to this software. So I started a forum that the moderators could use to get used to this platform. Here is what I am having trouble doing.
by zinex on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 am

if you go into admin>>users and groups>>users find the member you want to have the mod rank, scroll to the bottom of his or her profile and select moderator out of the ranks list
I only have these 2 choices ADMIN and No special rank assigned. How do I add moderator to the drop down list?
David58bug

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky January 26th 2008, 7:25 pm

That rank doesn't give moderator rights.For a member to have moderator rights you have to add him to the moderator group. You can make a special rank called"Moderator" and then add it to a member but that doesn't give him moderator rights.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down