The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ad Code is there one

2 posters

Go down

In progress Random Ad Code is there one

Post by jeffcpr November 6th 2012, 11:18 pm

I am still pretty new to the html stuff, but I am learning. I have in a widget on my forum ads of partners and sponsor to our forum. I am looking for a code to place in the html box that will have the ad's randomly change spots each time you re open the forum. Is there such a thing I know how to create the ad as a link and I learned the code to center the ad's. NOw I am looking for the code to make the ad's change spots randomly so that there is aleways a new ad on the top. Any help would be great and please remember I am still new to the html world thanks.

Jeff
jeffcpr
jeffcpr
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Random Ad Code is there one

Post by kirk November 7th 2012, 2:46 am

you would have to register with something like goggle ad's then you can add your own.

unless you want to create your own ad's that just lead to things you like or are affiliated with . But if it is something you want to get paid for, then you need to get like a Google AdSense account or something like that.

keeep in mind you will first have to pay to get rid of the forumotion ad's before you can add your own ad's for google.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr November 7th 2012, 3:31 am

kirk wrote:you would have to register with something like goggle ad's then you can add your own.

unless you want to create your own ad's that just lead to things you like or are affiliated with . But if it is something you want to get paid for, then you need to get like a Google AdSense account or something like that.

keeep in mind you will first have to pay to get rid of the forumotion ad's before you can add your own ad's for google.

unless you want to create your own ad's that just lead to things you like or are affiliated with

This is what I am currently doing I have a lot of ad's up on the my board, I just wont them to change position randomly. I am not sure if it is possible just wondering if anyone know how to do this. My forum is http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com if you would like to see. The ads are on the left and right on the main forum page.
jeffcpr
jeffcpr
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 7th 2012, 6:16 pm

jeffcpr wrote:
kirk wrote:you would have to register with something like goggle ad's then you can add your own.

unless you want to create your own ad's that just lead to things you like or are affiliated with

This is what I am currently doing I have a lot of ad's up on the my board, I just wont them to change position randomly. I am not sure if it is possible just wondering if anyone know how to do this. My forum is http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com if you would like to see. The ads are on the left and right on the main forum page.

i dont really know of a way to allow them to change potions randomly.
By that you mean in different areas of the page?

You can always use something like banner rotators that will change the ad's in intervals, or when the page is clicked it would change to another one, or have set random to intervals. But using something like this you would still have the ad's in the same place on the page from where you put them.

Other then trying something like a banner rotators,that you would also be bale to add links to.
I can move this over to the scripts and codes section to see if someone may know a different java script alternative or good code for banner rotators.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr November 7th 2012, 8:31 pm

Ya if you could do that great thanks
jeffcpr
jeffcpr
Forumember