The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery options. Can you hide member details?

2 posters

Go down

Gallery options. Can you hide member details? Empty Gallery options. Can you hide member details?

Post by TasV February 10th 2008, 3:33 pm

Can I create a public category in my gallery to which members can upload a photo and where the title option is enabled but the author's name is disabled when the image is viewed at full size?

Reason I ask is that I would like to run a photo of the month competition and would like some easy way to display the images anonymously as they are uploaded so that when it came time to vote people didn't know who they were voting for.
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Gallery options. Can you hide member details? Empty Re: Gallery options. Can you hide member details?

Post by travis_cooper February 10th 2008, 4:26 pm

I recently suggested this in the suggestions section. Please see this thread and leave your vote. Adding a comment to show more interest might help. Right now there is no way to do it, I also want an option like this, so work with me to get them to add it by voting on it.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Gallery options. Can you hide member details? Empty Re: Gallery options. Can you hide member details?

Post by TasV February 10th 2008, 4:33 pm

At the moment what I am going to do is have a user name called 'competition enrty' where users can log in under this name and upload to a gallery category called 'Competitions'. That way all the images will apear to have been uploaded by the same user. The person will then PM the title of their image to the judge who, at the end of the submissions period, will select the finalists and use the BB code to create a poll of the finalists for the membership to vote on and at the conclusion of voting the judge can announce the name of the winner.

An easier way around it would be nice though Smile
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101

Back to top Go down