The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*?

3 posters

Go down

Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*? Empty Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*?

Post by Bpoetic February 17th 2008, 10:28 pm

I would like to remove the words: *Admin/Founder* from above my Avatar. Is there a way?

Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*? Removenh7

Thanks ~ Bpoetic . . . always
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Language : English

http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*? Empty Re: Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*?

Post by Luky February 17th 2008, 11:39 pm

If you remove your special rank From admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>Users click on your name and in the next page type your password in the "Confirm password" field and look for this option "Rank Title" and choose "No special rank assigned" then you won't have that rank anymore.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*? Empty Re: Removing Admin/Founder Rank *Words*?

Post by Bpoetic February 18th 2008, 12:03 am

Thanks Luky! I did a run through and hit *save*. When the page reloaded . .. the rank was back to Admin/Founder:-)

but . . .

I got thinking IF I do this - will I lose my Administrative capabilities? This would not be a good thing, lol!

Thanks . . . .
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 18th 2008, 12:26 am

No, you won't lose your administrator capabilities. Did you type your password in the "Confirm password" field?
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpoetic February 18th 2008, 1:04 am

*** Amend . . . I believe it worked, Luky! That is, I no longer can see the words: Admin/Founder. I had removed my regular avatar - so I need to put that back and I believe I'm good to go!

Thank you so very much. I really don't know what we would do here, without you and all the helpful folks that keep our forums running glich-free.

Respectfully,

Bpoetic

As you as ask about *password field* I didn't see that . . . bet that's the problem. LOL! I've waited to hear your response to me being unable to Admin my forum. I will go over your first instructions again, Luky, and let you know.

Thank you so very much . . .
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 February 18th 2008, 2:39 am

the missing password query must not necessarily be a problem as its possible to deactivate/activate that. It must be some option in "General / Security" if i remember correctly.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpoetic February 18th 2008, 3:10 am

Yes Sunny . . . it didn't seem to make a difference, the password. I didn't actually *find* it until I'd gotten the Rank problem fixed, lol!

You guys are fantastic!

Thanks . . . Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 18th 2008, 9:12 am

You're welcome Bpoetic
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down