The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder.

+5
kjmj14
sweet_potato
Veljko
BEO
sks
9 posters

Go down

founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder. Empty founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder.

Post by sks June 24th 2008, 1:48 am

Our founder and the moderator of our admin group is gone for forum

http://amazons.heavenforum.org/index.forum

We have only a list of admins who know very little. I am trying to learn how to manage the forum.

Is there anyway I can replace or be added as founder and moderator of the admin group. founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder. Mouais Very good

Thank you
sks

Language : english

Back to top Go down

founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder. Empty Re: founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder.

Post by BEO August 1st 2008, 6:13 pm

You cannot make a second founder account so you'll have to find out the password for the founders account, get in it and change your name ect.
BEO
BEO
Forumember

http://gdmania.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder. Empty Re: founder/moderator of admin group gone. How can we change founder.

Post by Veljko August 30th 2008, 3:35 pm

I have similar problem... founder wanna put me as a founder but don't know how! Smile
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_potato August 30th 2008, 5:00 pm

U have to ask the founder about the pw so u can be a founder for that forum,
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Female Posts : 359

http://www.dcboard.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko August 30th 2008, 5:35 pm

She wants to stay on a forum, but want me to be a founder!
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 August 30th 2008, 5:38 pm

There's no way you can change your founder.
Once the founder is activated.
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795
Language : English

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Franchise August 30th 2008, 5:52 pm

Veljko wrote:She wants to stay on a forum, but want me to be a founder!
just ask her to give you her password for her account since she is the founder and then have her make a new account

Once you get the password as founder, then change the password so only you can know it. Thats the only way founders can be changed I believe Cool
Franchise
Franchise
Forumember

Male Posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko August 30th 2008, 6:06 pm

Well, I saw somewhere that "FORUMOTION" can change founder.
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Franchise August 30th 2008, 6:19 pm

Veljko wrote:Well, I saw somewhere that "FORUMOTION" can change founder.
maybe they can, that Im not sure of. But I know "US" as forum founders cannot change the founder
Franchise
Franchise
Forumember

Male Posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry August 30th 2008, 7:50 pm

I have seen someone who change founder, so it can be done, but don't know how.
kerry
kerry
Forumember

Female Posts : 229

http://www.parentunited.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 31st 2008, 8:20 pm

The founder account (moderator of the admin group) will not change, but if you are a co-admin or moderator on this forum, it's possible to request the founder data, but only if the original founder has not visited the board for more than three months. The founder data are used to log into the utilities whereby you have access to the backup/restore tools for example.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic August 31st 2008, 8:29 pm

Hi Sunny D

A friend of mine set up my forum for me, I then took on the role of founder. She gave me the user name and password, I signed in as her. I then changed her details to mine so now I am the founder. What I want to know is, should anything ever happen to the forum and I need to use the tools, do I use my details or the details originally used to set up the forum? She was only the founder for a few hours while she made the boards, I have been the founder since then which is 6 months.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 31st 2008, 8:55 pm

Depends. Ok, the founder email and password, which you need to log into the tools, can only be changed via the tools themselves. Note that they are not necessarily connected to your current forum account's login data!

If she didn't change those in the tools after she created the forum, the original founder data is still the original password that she should have handed over to you.

I suggest you try to login with your forum URL and the founder PW to test it. Wink
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic August 31st 2008, 9:10 pm

I went into admin and to the tools. They were as the original details, I have now changed them to mine. Thanks for your help Sunny D.

I realise this may sound a bit thick

I suggest you try to login with your forum URL and the founder PW to test it.
How do I do that ?

thanks
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down