The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin, moderator and group color problem

4 posters

Go down

Admin, moderator and group color problem Empty Admin, moderator and group color problem

Post by FlashGirl March 22nd 2008, 6:21 pm

Hi,
I have a problem regarding the color of administrators, moderators and groups on my forum. I wish to give a specific group a color, so all the members are displayed with that color to distinguish them from non-members of the group. I am admin on the forum and are also a part of the group as well.

I wish to stay red and that the moderators stay green while other groupmembers should remain blue ... how do I do that? When I set the forum to use colored groups everybody in that group becomes blue including me and the moderators.

I use Safari and a Mac ... don't know if that's the problem?

Last edited by FlashGirl on March 23rd 2008, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want to be notified any longer)
FlashGirl
FlashGirl

Language : Danish, english

Back to top Go down

Admin, moderator and group color problem Empty Re: Admin, moderator and group color problem

Post by gepenx March 22nd 2008, 6:37 pm

enter the admin panel - user group - user setting - check the colorized names. save your setting and look the change
gepenx

Language : indonesia

Back to top Go down

Admin, moderator and group color problem Empty Re: Admin, moderator and group color problem

Post by FlashGirl March 22nd 2008, 6:47 pm

I did that ... that's when I turned blue ... if I do not enable Colorized Usernames, I am red as I'm supposed to be, but then the group aren't blue and vice versa.
FlashGirl
FlashGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 23rd 2008, 7:13 pm

You have to make additional groups if you want to be specific peoples colored different. Change the group's order (when editing a group) to define what color will be shown in the end (group colors with lower order will have a higher priority).
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashGirl March 23rd 2008, 7:37 pm

Thank you for your reply!
However ... this is how I set it up ... I tried to reverse the order of the groups ... but as long as Colorized Usernames are enabled everyone in any group turns up blue regardless of them being "Redaktører" (Moderators) or Administrators ... if Colorized Usernames are not enabled none are blue, but Administrators are red ... I haven't checked the moderators.

Admin, moderator and group color problem Groupcolorproblem
FlashGirl
FlashGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by acef596 March 23rd 2008, 7:49 pm

FlashGirl wrote:Thank you for your reply!
However ... this is how I set it up ... I tried to reverse the order of the groups ... but as long as Colorized Usernames are enabled everyone in any group turns up blue regardless of them being "Redaktører" (Moderators) or Administrators ... if Colorized Usernames are not enabled none are blue, but Administrators are red ... I haven't checked the moderators.

Admin, moderator and group color problem Groupcolorproblem
That is because your groups are hidden make them closed.
acef596
acef596
Forumember

Male Posts : 494
Language : english

http://relaxingforum.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashGirl March 23rd 2008, 8:08 pm

Thank you ... that worked like a charm Very Happy
FlashGirl
FlashGirl

Back to top Go down