The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report a forum

4 posters

Go down

Report a forum Empty Report a forum

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 1:38 pm

I would like to report a forum. I know that the forum has been reported in the past using the litigation tool but the administrator just deletes what has been reported. The administrator does not do anything to stop further abuse being posted. There is so much abuse on this forum that it would take weeks to report it all via the litigation.
Please can I speak to one of the admins on here in private about this problem forum?
steve77

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Report a forum Empty Re: Report a forum

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 1:44 pm

Hi,

To make a report against a forum use this:

https://help.forumotion.com/t12330-complaint-against-a-forum-how-to

The forumotion litigation team will review the forum and the administrator will no know you've made a report.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy July 20th 2013, 1:59 pm

Hello,

Sorry but we(volunteer staff members) do not deal with litigation reports, all reports should be sent to them.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:07 pm

I'll also add that the administrator of the forum in question can't delete a litigation report as its not sent to them.

If a site has a "Report Abuse" link on the bottom then yes that does get sent to them but an official litigation report doesn't get sent to them.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 2:13 pm

Derri wrote:I'll also add that the administrator of the forum in question can't delete a litigation report as its not sent to them.

If a site has a "Report Abuse" link on the bottom then yes that does get sent to them but an official litigation report doesn't get sent to them.

Are you sure? What is the "Stay anonymous" option for? I am sure the last time I filled out a litigation report I received an email from the forum adimin.
steve77

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:24 pm

steve77 wrote:
Derri wrote:I'll also add that the administrator of the forum in question can't delete a litigation report as its not sent to them.

Are you sure? What is the "Stay anonymous" option for? I am sure the last time I filled out a litigation report I received an email from the forum adimin.

I've never filled out a litigation report. However can you answer the following question:

Last time, did you fill out the report via the link I gave you above? Or did you do it on the forum that you're wanting to report?

If you filled it out on the forum you're wanting to report you likely had to give your email address to send the abuse report, the abuse reports are read by the administrator and they can choose what they wish to do with them.

A litigation report is something private and it is handled by official staff on the litigation team.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 2:27 pm

Thanks for helping Derri. The "report an abuse" link on the forum does not ask for an email address, the litigation form does. It was the litigation form that I filled in last time and I selected the Stay anonymous option but I still received an email from the forum admin.
steve77

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:30 pm

steve77 wrote:Thanks for helping Derri. The "report an abuse" link on the forum does not ask for an email address, the litigation form does. It was the litigation form that I filled in last time and I selected the Stay anonymous option.

I mean I'm not sure what happens once you fill one out by usually the administrator of the forum isn't told of a report being filled against them. If you got an email from the administrator of that forum then its likely they contacted you out of their own free will.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 2:33 pm

Derri wrote:
steve77 wrote:Thanks for helping Derri. The "report an abuse" link on the forum does not ask for an email address, the litigation form does. It was the litigation form that I filled in last time and I selected the Stay anonymous option.

I mean I'm not sure what happens once you fill one out by usually the administrator of the forum isn't told of a report being filled against them. If you got an email from the administrator of that forum then its likely they contacted you out of their own free will.  

I was not a member of the forum, the admin did not have my email address. The admin made reference to the text of the litigation report.
steve77

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:36 pm

Then I guess the litigation report must have been shared, again I assumed it stayed anonymous.

So previously you did fill out a litigation report via the link above and not somewhere else?
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 2:41 pm

Yes Derri. It could only have been the litigation form because that is the only one that requires an email address. This is why I would like to speak to someone in charge. Reporting via the litigation form does nothing with this forum. The admin sees the litigation, deletes the reported content and that is that. No members are banned and the abuse continues Sad
steve77

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenfire July 20th 2013, 2:43 pm

steve, in opinion maybe you are banned because you said that
" I was not a member of the forum " , just asking only Smile

(Edit: just noted your above statement )

Last edited by goldenfire on July 20th 2013, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldenfire

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:45 pm

steve77 wrote:Yes Derri. It could only have been the litigation form because that is the only one that requires an email address. This is why I would like to speak to someone in charge. Reporting via the litigation form does nothing with this forum. The admin sees the litigation, deletes the reported content and that is that. No members are banned and the abuse continues Sad

One last question, just to clear up the finial possibility, you didn't happen to click the "Contact " button on their forum as that does ask you for an email address.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 2:50 pm

Derri wrote:
steve77 wrote:Yes Derri. It could only have been the litigation form because that is the only one that requires an email address. This is why I would like to speak to someone in charge. Reporting via the litigation form does nothing with this forum. The admin sees the litigation, deletes the reported content and that is that. No members are banned and the abuse continues Sad

One last question, just to clear up the finial possibility, you didn't happen to click the "Contact " button on their forum as that does ask you for an email address.

No, definitely not. I remember having to take screenshots to upload to imageshack.
steve77

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2013, 2:55 pm

steve77 wrote:
Derri wrote:

No, definitely not. I remember having to take screenshots to upload to imageshack.

My apologies, I was going off of advice I had read in a previous thread where someone asked a question regarding litigations and they said it stay anonymous, I did further research and I found this.

LeeLoo wrote:Well...
I guess I need to explain to you the aim of the litigation tool.

That's not a judicial tool. It's just a tool to be intermediate between the admin of a forum and the complainant to try to resolve the conflicts in the most natural way. If something really serious is found on the forum that goes against our TOS, it can possibly be warned or banned.

In your case, that seems to be a conflict with the administration of the forum, so the litigation tool can't do anything but inform the admin of your complaint and let him take his responsability. Forumotion has no authority to play the referees nor the lawyers, nor the police.
If you want to be defended, I advise you to contact the relevant authorities  Wink

Thank you !

(Source: https://help.forumotion.com/t117590-sent-an-abuse-to-litigation-but-didnt-get-any-confirmation-email?highlight=litigation )

So what happens is the litigation team will look over and then if deemed necessary they'll issue a ban/warning if it is serious and violates the forumotion TOS.

If not, then the report is sent to the administrator of that forum to try and resolve the issue. I guess if you elect to stay anonymous your email address won't be shown.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by steve77 July 20th 2013, 3:23 pm

That is disappointing to read. Thank you for finding it Derri.
steve77

Back to top Go down