The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member

2 posters

Go down

Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member Empty Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member

Post by Crudor February 19th 2008, 9:17 pm

I've made a group on my board and I want them to only be able to view one forum and aonly post within that one forum, but it seems from permissions that I can't do this without denying amm members the right to view other sections.

Basically I want this group to have less access on the board than a normal member does. But I don't seem to be able to get this without all normal members losing access too. Am I missing something or is what i'm trying to do jsut not possible?
Crudor

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member Empty Re: Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member

Post by travis_cooper February 19th 2008, 9:40 pm

I'm sure this doesn't help your situation, but you could do it for people that aren't registered for your forum. So people that don't even have a username can make posts, it will just show up as guest. You can do this right now by setting permissions to any. I'm guessing it won't help you though unless you can get the group to be like that any permission. Maybe somebody knows how to do this, if not you may need to suggest it in the suggestions section.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698
Language : English

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member Empty Re: Restricting Permissions to less than a normal member

Post by Guest February 20th 2008, 12:01 am

You need to make that one group a rank and when a new member joins give them that rank.
Then change the permissions of that rank in Rank Administration to only be able to read and write the forum you want them to see.

Back to top Go down