The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem about members receiving ban messages

2 posters

Go down

Problem about members receiving ban messages Empty Problem about members receiving ban messages

Post by keen February 26th 2008, 8:31 pm

My members complaining about them unable to login due to the message like "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM". But when I checked, they are active, and not included in the banned list. What is causing this problem?
keen

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problem about members receiving ban messages Empty Re: Problem about members receiving ban messages

Post by travis_cooper February 26th 2008, 8:40 pm

Is it because their IP addresses might be banned? There are two ways to ban people, by banning their user, or by banning their IP. If you banned an IP recently, especially if you banned using a wildcard like 65.128.* you may have banned them as well.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Problem about members receiving ban messages Empty Re: Problem about members receiving ban messages

Post by keen February 26th 2008, 8:48 pm

No im absolutely sure their IPs not banned too or their emails. :| Maybe it is because they are using a mobile phone with opera mini? I banned one member using opera mini but I didnt use the IP or email way of banning. I just click the link "BAN THIS MEMBER".
keen

Back to top Go down