The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Script help and forum help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Script help and forum help

Post by ThePhantomHourglass on March 7th 2014, 12:09 am

1) How do I disable users just changing colors of their forum post text? For example, hey have all the RICH/HTML Text Editor features, but they just can't change text color.

2) What's a code that will make users in the Administrator and Moderator group (those are the exact group names on my forum) have red text on the forum? Ex. Any text users of these groups will post will be red. This is only supposed to appear on messages and forum topics posted by the user.

ThePhantomHourglass
New Member

Male Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://aresiiocorpforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by vaccam on March 7th 2014, 12:37 am

I dont think that is possible. I have tried myself but i cant figure it out.

vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by ThePhantomHourglass on March 7th 2014, 12:52 am

@vaccam wrote:I dont think that is possible. I have tried myself but i cant figure it out.
I was thinking what if after you make a post or edit the post, the script would detect if you're in the Moderator or Administrator group. If you are, then it edits and changes all the post text to red, if you're not, it changes all the post text to black.

ThePhantomHourglass
New Member

Male Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://aresiiocorpforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by vaccam on March 7th 2014, 12:57 am

That sounds complicated, there i cannot help you. Lets wait and see what a more professional coder comes along.

Sorry that i couldnt help you any futher.

Best regards

Vaccam

vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by ThePhantomHourglass on March 7th 2014, 1:01 am

@vaccam wrote:That sounds complicated, there i cannot help you. Lets wait and see what a more professional coder comes along.

Sorry that i couldnt help you any futher.

Best regards

Vaccam
That's alright. Thanks for seeing if you could help though. I'm guessing a staff member will be here soon to help.

ThePhantomHourglass
New Member

Male Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://aresiiocorpforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 7th 2014, 2:23 am

Hello ThePhantomHourglass,

First you should modify your staff ranks. Go to :
Administration Panel > Users and groups > Ranks > Rank administration

Edit, or create a title, make sure it is special too.

You should wrap your title with these tags :
Code:
<span id="staffPost">Rank Title</span>

When finished modifying your staff ranks go to :
Modules > Javascript codes management > create a new script

Title : what you wish
Placement : In the topics
Paste the code below and save :
Code:
$(function() {
  $('.post .entry-content font').removeAttr('color');
  $('.post:has(#staffPost) .entry-content').attr('style','color:#f00;');
});

The color from font tags will be removed for posts. Posts with the rank title that is #Admin will have red color.

Additionally if you wanted to hide the color palette :
Display > Colors > CSS

paste this to hide it :
Code:
.sceditor-button-color { display:none !important; }

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2683
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by ThePhantomHourglass on March 7th 2014, 3:39 am

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Hello ThePhantomHourglass,

First you should modify your staff ranks. Go to :
Administration Panel > Users and groups > Ranks > Rank administration

Edit, or create a title, make sure it is special too.

You should wrap your title with these tags :
Code:
<span id="staffPost">Rank Title</span>

When finished modifying your staff ranks go to :
Modules > Javascript codes management > create a new script

Title : what you wish
Placement : In the topics
Paste the code below and save :
Code:
$(function() {
  $('.post .entry-content font').removeAttr('color');
  $('.post:has(#staffPost) .entry-content').attr('style','color:#f00;');
});

The color from font tags will be removed for posts. Posts with the rank title that is #Admin will have red color.

Additionally if you wanted to hide the color palette :
Display > Colors > CSS

paste this to hide it :
Code:
.sceditor-button-color { display:none !important; }
Thanks! It worked!

You can mark this as complete and archive now.

ThePhantomHourglass
New Member

Male Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://aresiiocorpforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Script help and forum help

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 7th 2014, 3:46 am

You're welcome I love you

Topic solved and archived

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2683
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum