The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[JAVA script]How to set a countdown script to forum/portal?

+2
zakir321
perca
6 posters

Go down

Solved [JAVA script]How to set a countdown script to forum/portal?

Post by perca May 30th 2008, 2:47 am

Hello there

I'm new to forum management (and also java scripting) and I got across some doubts while trying to set things up on mine. I would like to ask if someone can help me setting a countdown on my forum page (if possible between the forum header image and the main navigation bar *or* between "View posts since last visit/View your posts/View unanswered posts" and the first category box ("main street" on my boards). I got the codes from here, but since I didn't even manage to make this script appear on my forum, I can't even try to change the codes for the position of the countdown on my page so... I'm kinda stuck XD I tried using Script Generator that I found on another topic of this boards but I didn't manage to make the countdown appear. So, cutting it short:

1. Where do I post the java script to make the counter appear on the forum and on the portal?
2. How can I place the counter on the places that I wanted (under main header or under main navigation bar of both pages)?

I thank you all in advance and apologize if those questions were answered before. I tried my best to search the answers by myself, but was a total failure.

Ow, and if it helps to get what I need/asked better, this is my actual board.

Last edited by perca on July 26th 2008, 5:12 am; edited 3 times in total
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [JAVA script]How to set a countdown script to forum/portal?

Post by zakir321 May 30th 2008, 2:37 pm

Go to the scrip generator and click on the britain-flag to switch to english mode. Enter your forum URL into the "create a script" field or edit the script if you have already created one. At the very top, you will now see the "free field" entry. Paste the entire counter-script in there and make a tick in the box to the left. Click OK and you will be given a new script and your password for further edits.

Copy the script and paste it into "General / Configuration / site description" in your admin panel if you want it to appear on every page, or into "General / Homepage / Configuration / Homepage message" if you want it appear only on your forum main page. Smile

For the portal, just copy and paste the counter-script into a new portal module in "Moduels / Portal / Portal Pages Management / Structure" and add the block to your portal.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by perca May 30th 2008, 11:55 pm

Aw! got it! It's showing up now. Thank you very much for the help!
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyindigopink5 June 1st 2008, 3:32 am

This should be locked. (I think)
Sparklyindigopink5
Sparklyindigopink5

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved A SCRIPT FOR KNOW HOW MANY DAYS HAS OVER FROM THE WEBSITE HAS STARTED

Post by narayanan July 3rd 2008, 3:42 pm

A SCRIPT FOR KNOW HOW MANY DAYS HAS OVER FROM THE WEBSITE HAS STARTED

<iframe src="http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2008&amp;month=7&amp;date=1&amp;hrs=22&amp;ts=12&amp;min=22&amp;sec=15&amp;tz=-300&amp;lang=en&amp;show=YMWdhms&amp;mode=t&amp;cdir=up&amp;bgcolor=%23CCFFFF&amp;fgcolor=%23000000&amp;title=Time%20Elapsed%20Since" width="250" height="365" scrolling="no" frameborder="1" style="overflow:hidden;width:15.6em;height:22.8em;"><a href="http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2008&amp;month=7&amp;date=1&amp;hrs=22&amp;ts=12&amp;min=22&amp;sec=15&amp;tz=-300&amp;lang=en&amp;show=YMWdhms&amp;mode=t&amp;cdir=up&amp;bgcolor=%23CCFFFF&amp;fgcolor=%23000000&amp;title=Time%20Elapsed%20Since">Time Elapsed Since</a></iframe>

GOT THIS FROM:-
http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdclock.html

JUST PASTE THIS CODE IN--------> Display----------->Homepage--------->Generalities
narayanan

Language : anbuchelvan123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tynxy September 30th 2008, 12:48 pm

New to everything and wanted some help setting up a countdown timer
any help gratefull received
Tynxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 30th 2008, 12:53 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this thread now.

=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down