The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new special user for my forum!

2 posters

Go down

new special user for my forum! Empty new special user for my forum!

Post by pat1986 February 29th 2008, 9:16 pm

ok well i didn't know where to post this in so i put it in here! heres what id like to do! ok well first off in a forum you have a administrator and a moderator! and i would like to add another one!

i would like to be able to make a forum on my forum that only administrators and moderators and the other speacial rank can go into! so i would be the one choosing the people for this special rank! soo that only people i chose would be able to go and read the post and stuff, is this possible? can someone please help me by replying to this post or please email me at patrick.villeneuve034@hotmail.com

thanks
Pat!
pat1986

Language : english

Back to top Go down

new special user for my forum! Empty Re: new special user for my forum!

Post by pat1986 February 29th 2008, 9:21 pm

heres a good example of what i want! i want what you guys have on this forum:D

you guys have Legend : [ Forumotion Administrators ] [ Forumotion Moderators ] [ Forumotion Helpers ] [ Forumotion Technicians ] [ Forumotion Graphic Designers ] well i would like to have the admin, mod and another one! and only these three people will be able to go in to poast that i chose!
pat1986

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 February 29th 2008, 9:47 pm

Hi and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequently Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of Forumotion.com

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this!

To answer your question: You would probably find that tutorial helpful: [LINK]. It's about how to create groups, how to make them appear in the Who-Is-Online Legend and about giving the groups permissions and it should answer your question I think. Also, note that double-posting is not allowed unless 24h have passed. Use the edit button instead.
Smile

~Sunny
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by pat1986 February 29th 2008, 11:17 pm

oh sorry about the double post and thanks alot for your help! i have already looked at all the link you gave me exept the tutorial! lol so i will look into the tutorial and if still i don't find an answer, i will deffenatly start up a new post and let you know, thanks again!

Pat
pat1986

Back to top Go down