The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer

4 posters

Go down

Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer Empty Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer

Post by Adiex March 2nd 2008, 6:31 am

hi all,

i dont know ur guys already mention about this diff or not but i having big trouble with this 2 browser, take a look if this 2 screenshot showing my website when i open it with both browser,

FIREFOX
seem so nice when ill opened it with firefox, all works perfectly,
Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer Ff10

INTERNET EXPLORER
but when ill opened my website with IE, seem i just opened aliens website, its got messy everywhere Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer Ie10

so, there is any ways to solve this matter?

thx alot,
adiex
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer Empty Re: Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer

Post by zakir321 March 2nd 2008, 6:49 am

is this the latest version of IE? well, im quite sure the weird transparency bug has been solved already.... you probably need an update.

in general, its very hard to keep the look in different browser exactly the same, so you should always expect minor (more or less Rolling Eyes) differences.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer Empty Re: Different on mozilla firefox and internet explorer

Post by Adiex March 2nd 2008, 6:55 am

i donno because im firefox user, im almost never use IE lmfao, btw what IE latest version? IE7?
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim March 2nd 2008, 9:14 am

IT'S got nothing to do with transparency.
Mozzila is far better than IE because it can identify all image types. The images on this forum are in .png format... unfortunatly IE can't read .png format images.
and that sucks... png is far lighter and is in far greater quality thats why it is more often used.

try to find a patch or fix for ie that lets it identify .png images
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by forhad725 March 2nd 2008, 9:17 am

i dont know but internet xplore best
forhad725

Male Posts : 22
Language : english,bangla,hindi

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex March 2nd 2008, 9:29 am

Jalokim wrote:IT'S got nothing to do with transparency.
Mozzila is far better than IE because it can identify all image types. The images on this forum are in .png format... unfortunatly IE can't read .png format images.
and that sucks... png is far lighter and is in far greater quality thats why it is more often used.

try to find a patch or fix for ie that lets it identify .png images
hmm, maybe ill can find patch for IE for members, but how about 1st time quest visiting my website & using IE? they gonna think my site were really suck lmfao haiiz Sad

ps: and yeah, IE realy suck ~~
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim March 2nd 2008, 2:47 pm

yeah I know IE suck... but not all hope is lost. the new IE in windows vista can read .png images... so some members will see it properly.

in all my themes i use .png cos its weighs way less than .gif
and the quality of the images is far better. So i choose quality over IE
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 2nd 2008, 2:53 pm

you can go around this if you convert those images to .gif that are all displayed fine even with transparency, as far as i know.

Jalokim, didnt have IE just problems with transparent .png's? so you could probably still use .png, but with a solid background that fits your forum background), but i may be wrongly informed. Do you have a version update link or something?

Im using firefox anyway! Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down