The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP!

3 posters

Go down

Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP! Empty Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP!

Post by Guest September 23rd 2008, 8:28 pm

The forums won't work for IE users but it does for Firefox/Safari users..
What is going on?

Back to top Go down

Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP! Empty Re: Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP!

Post by manor September 23rd 2008, 8:59 pm

i have a ie problem as well, i not sure if it is forumotion or not but it appears to be a problem with ie itself as im not able to view items from my server on ie but i can on google chrome
manor
manor
Forumember

Male Posts : 137
Language : en

http://www.eruptionmini.com

Back to top Go down

Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP! Empty Re: Forum only working for Firefox/Safari and Not Internet Explorer! HELP!

Post by Guest September 23rd 2008, 9:46 pm

IE unfortunatley doesn't display everything they way it should

It makes no attempt to read the user scripts so uses a standardised format which is why some forum sections look missed aligned

Also as standard IE wont display .png images but most websites and forums have aa code fix for that issue

This will be why you cant see most of the forum the same way you would in firefox etc

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by manor September 23rd 2008, 9:56 pm

i have used .png in my forum for ages, also it is not letting any information thru from my personel server that i use to display pics and downloads and chat room, i have contacted them and there is no problem and all things work perfectly in google chrome browser, either its a problem with ie or something is blocking it thru to the forums...
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2008, 10:06 pm

It could be the security settings on IE

If you have had an update recently i would change those security settings

1. open IE

2. select "Tools" and then select "Internet Options"

3. Select the "Security" tab and "Trusted Sites"

4. Add your forum into the trusted sites section and restart the browser

See if that helps

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by manor September 23rd 2008, 11:47 pm

i have noticed that it is going thru stages of apearing ok then a bit later returns to the same problem, this is a ie problem and not forumotion as if i try to access an image stored on my server it will not be shown in the browser with a direct url placed in there. thanks for ya time thou craig... Smile
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2008, 6:01 pm

I tried adding it to trusted sites but no sucess.. Loads of people can't access my site anymore Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2008, 6:52 pm

Omg please help me! I hate most of my users not being able to access the site Sad Any way to remove files that may make it work on IE again?

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxG September 24th 2008, 7:22 pm

Are you using HTML code or unknown Templates?
xxxG

Language : MK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2008, 7:24 pm

How do I know which i'm using?

Edit - I've just found out i'm using templates, do I need to swap to Html?

This what my forum looks like on IE available
http://generaltalk.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by manor September 24th 2008, 11:47 pm

i have just taken the html coding for your forum which i could not see on ie7 and pasted as an html page on my forum and it displays in ie7, i can see your forum catergories and post headings, top users and so on, have you converted your forum from phpbb2 to phpbb3 recentley or any major changes like that? you can view what i can see on this link, http://www.eruptionmini.com/starzy-html-h51.html and i will delete it when you have seen it ok, i aint hacked you or nothing i aint that clever lol, there is a definate change been made as i can see this on the same browser ok except it being a different format to mine, your links i display are hidden on my forum from my users and is only located here for your vision and others who may be able to help you, your links will navigate to parts of my forum as im hosting the page...
manor
manor
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ken September 25th 2008, 12:17 am

Hi i have 2 forums and i cant seem to get into any of them, i have tried through IE, FireFox etc...and none seem to work, i can only get on this site (the forum of the forums) through proxy, can someone please help asap.
ken
ken
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxG September 25th 2008, 7:59 pm

Well Starzy,maybe problem is template.HTML is not the problem,surely.Change the theme and view your forum with Internet Explorer.Then you can change to the old theme.I think this can help you.
xxxG

Language : MK

Back to top Go down