The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to??

+2
NorthamptonUser
Sally
6 posters

Go down

[solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to?? Empty [solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to??

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 6:36 pm

Hi. I created a forum recently, a free one. That was since November 5th 2006. And now I'm wondering if it will stay forever or if I'll wake up one day and find thet it's gone or closed because it needs money or something.

I thought about that question when I saw that donation thingie and got scared. So they say "click here to create a forum for free" and one month later, they will tell me that I have to ask my members money. I'm so confused please explain to me that?????

Thanks.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Female Posts : 136
Language : English/French

Back to top Go down

[solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to?? Empty Re: [solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to??

Post by NorthamptonUser November 16th 2006, 7:20 pm

Dont worry, I think editboards will always be free!

The donation page is just for if you want to remove the google ads from your page or extend the Ammount of space you get for the gallery or if you want to make it PRO!

editboards should not ask you for money.
NorthamptonUser
NorthamptonUser
Forumember

Male Posts : 59
Language : English

Back to top Go down

[solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to?? Empty Re: [solved] Does my forum will stay or it needs money to??

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 7:34 pm

Thanks for your answer. So it will always be free, cool.

NorthamptonUser wrote:The donation page is just for if you want to remove the google ads from your page or extend the Ammount of space you get for the gallery or if you want to make it PRO!

For that part of your reply, I would like to know:

1. so when admins don't want the adverts to be in their forum, it needs donation?

2. More space? What is the difference? It will be free as far as I don't need more space? So when I use the space I have (it takes how much time by the way?) so I'll need to pay to keep the forum?

3. Make it Pro? Like what? What does this means?

Thanks a lot for anwsering me, I'm still a bit confused because I read that in "the current situation" : "You dispose of 10 Mb of storage for your pro version gallery until 04 Dec 2006.
After this time, all your pictures will be kept but your gallery will get back to free version (only reachable by admins)
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem November 16th 2006, 8:35 pm

Hi, this link should help answer your questions:

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1219
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 10:31 pm

So that means that the forums are not really free? Shit

So when a month will pass, I'll have to pay to keep my forum?
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou November 16th 2006, 10:37 pm

After a month, you have to pay only if you want do disabled the adverts or increase the storage of the gallery Wink
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 10:40 pm

Tristou wrote:After a month, you have to pay only if you want do disabled the adverts or increase the storage of the gallery Wink

Ah thank you. The adverts it's ok by me, I don't want to remove them. So apart from that, after a month, the forum will still exist and viewable by the members etc or the storage will end anyway?

But really thank you, I'm starting to understand. I have only this question now.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou November 16th 2006, 10:48 pm

it's only the storage of the gallery Wink

All the forum is 100 % free
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 10:52 pm

Tristou wrote:it's only the storage of the gallery Wink

What makes it end?
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou November 16th 2006, 10:54 pm

At the end of a period, you must renewto have more space for your pictures
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 11:00 pm

So it's the pictures who takes the most space? I would like to know what happens after a month? The storage will end and the forum will not be viewbale or what exactly?

And by the way, the forums who don't have pictures don't have this problem?
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou November 16th 2006, 11:02 pm

If the forum don't use the gallery or don't want to remove the adverts, there is no problem

For the others question, I prefer that someone else answer Wink

Last edited by on November 16th 2006, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 16th 2006, 11:05 pm

Thanks Tristou for your answers. Ok I'll wait someone else to answer my other questions.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem November 17th 2006, 9:58 am

I don't really see what your other questions are though.
In simple, there's 2 versions of the gallery;
free; accessible to only admins
pro; accessible to all and with more space

Forums with and or without pictures have the same 'problems' if you wish, because there's also the google adverts.

What happens at the end of the month is simple:
-If you were free, your still in free, nothing happens,
-If your credit ends; publicity is disactivated is re-activated, and the pro-gallery rebecomes free (although pictures stored will not be lost)
-If you still have credit; paying options stay

No matter what happens, you'll never have to pay for your forum to be accessible or viewable

Hope it helped,
Caihlem Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by skorpy November 17th 2006, 11:23 am

The adverts are fine by me too,infact I find them handy,specially for members as the adverts always relates to my forum.

What I would love to change and have is more signature room to add more then what you can at present.
skorpy
skorpy
Forumember

Female Posts : 323
Language : 33

http://babytalk.megabb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 17th 2006, 3:28 pm

Thanks Caihlem. Yes I created my forum with the free version and there is the adverts on it.

My question was about that storage, what I understood is after a month if my forum is full of topix and pictures, I'll need to pay for more space to keep it. For me the forum viewable only for admins is not good news because I didn't create the forum for me but also for to have members.

I would like to know if this free version is really free; I mean no matter what the forum contains of pictures and discussions, it will stay forever free or not? Because sometimes when I visit other forums, I see admins complaining about the bandwith and that they have to pay to keep the forum and stuff like that. Maybe they are not in the free version, I don't know.

I hope my question is more clear now. I hope you'll be able to explain me that as well. Thanks.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia November 17th 2006, 5:27 pm

The storage concerns ONLY the Gallery module, it doesn't concern the posts.

Here's a demo here : http://ishimaru-test.forumotion.com
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 17th 2006, 7:02 pm

I don't have that gallery option in my forum. It's only a normal forum I created from that offer to have a free forum but there is pictures in it as well as converstions.

I just want to know if one day (after a month or after a year), they'll tell me that there is no more space in it or not. I hope someone will answer me to my question. Thanks to all for the answers.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristou November 17th 2006, 7:04 pm

No, look here to have an idea of the limits of your forum :

http://forum.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?p=1316419#1316419
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally November 17th 2006, 7:26 pm

Thank you so much Tristou!!! It's clear for me now.
Sally
Sally
Forumember

Back to top Go down