The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing the Portal Modules

2 posters

Go down

Editing the Portal Modules Empty Editing the Portal Modules

Post by Zandranna March 5th 2008, 9:17 pm

I only found this system yesterday so am a bit lost.

I created a board and spent many hours customising it including the portal view which I very much love.

Today when I went back in to edit a module I found that the button I clicked took me to a page that tells me "Templates management" option has expired.

After scouting around I found that one has to pay for points to reactivate that particular part of the management. Now, I also came across a page to switch on ads (on creating the board there were no ads). I switched on the ads a while ago now assuming that having the ads on would give me access to edit the modules but no ads have appeared on the board and I still can't edit the modules.

Am I guessing right when I now think the board was ad free for the first 24 hours and then one either needs a paid for board or adverts in order to get to all parts of management. Or am I clicking the wrong buttons to get in and edit the modules in portal.

I don't want to pay for a board yet as I haven't fully tried and tested it to see if it is right for me but I was purposely looking for a system that had a portal view.

In case you need the url to the board here it is

http://cabbagesandkings.phpbb9.com/portal.htm

Thanks for any help.
Zandranna
Zandranna
Forumember

Female Posts : 77
Language : English

https://sandyspatch.board-directory.net/

Back to top Go down

Editing the Portal Modules Empty Re: Editing the Portal Modules

Post by zakir321 March 5th 2008, 10:06 pm

First, you don't have to worry, your portal is still free - there is no 24h limit and the portal is a free feature on forumotion.

About Ad's: You can activate them for specific groups in "General / Configuration" in your Admin Panel. This is not obligatory, so you can enable it for the groups you want, for guests (without an account) only for members or for all people - depending how much you want to contribute to forumotion.

About templates: You can buy points from forumotion that allow you to edit the template of your board - for example they allow you to add a customized footer or your own custom ads on all pages. Template editing can be found in "Styles / Templates", but it's not required for the portal.

About your portal: All Portal related settings can be found in "Modules / Portal", but I suggest you to start with reading this tutorial about the portal and how to handle it.

And because you are new to the support forum, I'd like to provide you with some other general tutorials that can be found [here] and [here]. Feel free to post if something remains unclear. Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Editing the Portal Modules Empty Re: Editing the Portal Modules

Post by Zandranna March 5th 2008, 10:41 pm

Thanks for answering back so quickly.

Got it now. It was all my fault. I was clicking so many buttons last night when I first created the board I just didn't find my way back to the place to edit the portal.

Thank you soooo much for your help.
Zandranna
Zandranna
Forumember

Female Posts : 77
Language : English

https://sandyspatch.board-directory.net/

Back to top Go down