The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum?

3 posters

Go down

Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum? Empty Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum?

Post by brothers45 March 6th 2008, 3:37 am

Can I make one member(or a group of members) not be able to see a specific forum? There is one specific thing I don't want some people to see and I don't want to add everyone else to a group and leave him out because I have too many members to do that..... Question
brothers45

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum? Empty Re: Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum?

Post by Luky March 6th 2008, 9:21 am

Yes you can do this. Go to admin panel=>Forum=>Permissions=>Forum permissions control. Click on the forum you would like and then click the "Advance mode" button(if you haven't already done that, if you have then the button won't appear). Now you can edit all the permissions for your groups. Just check the boxes for the options you would like your members to do in that forum. To make the forum hidden for a group uncheck the "View the forum" and "Read the topics" boxes next to the group you want.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum? Empty Re: Can I block a apecific member from seeing a specific forum?

Post by Skittles March 6th 2008, 9:28 am

Just a quick note. Don't forget when you create this group for those, to make it a hidden group. So they won't know you put them in a special group and why. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by brothers45 March 6th 2008, 1:52 pm

I can't uncheck the box next to the group without unchecking it next to the normal members. Is there a way to not have to make them unable to see it?
brothers45

Language : English

Back to top Go down