The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with the Portal news and Poll

3 posters

Go down

Need help with the Portal news and Poll Empty Need help with the Portal news and Poll

Post by Angel Cam March 9th 2008, 1:35 am

My first Problem I need help with is that I want to know how to make the News section from the Portal look like the one in this pic.:
Need help with the Portal news and Poll Ex1 -I dont know how to do that. I can just make a custom block. I also want to know how to ban users from replying. And just have admins post.

Then I need help with the poll because I don't know how to do it. It keeps looking like this:
Need help with the Portal news and Poll Ex2

Thank you to anyone who helps!
Angel Cam

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Need help with the Portal news and Poll Empty Re: Need help with the Portal news and Poll

Post by Luky March 9th 2008, 1:41 am

You need to go to admin panel=>Modules=>Portal and Calendar=>Configuration and look for this section "Module News options" and from the "Board of the news" choose a forum from where to get your news on the forum. Then go back to portal structure and in from the "Addition of existing modules" section choose "News" and click the "Add the module" button.
And you can only select polls from topics with polls so if you want to add a poll in your portal you need to add a topic and a poll for it. then you can select it and add it in your portal.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Need help with the Portal news and Poll Empty Re: Need help with the Portal news and Poll

Post by Angel Cam March 9th 2008, 1:48 am

Luky wrote:You need to go to admin panel=>Modules=>Portal and Calendar=>Configuration and look for this section "Module News options" and from the "Board of the news" choose a forum from where to get your news on the forum. Then go back to portal structure and in from the "Addition of existing modules" section choose "News" and click the "Add the module" button.
And you can only select polls from topics with polls so if you want to add a poll in your portal you need to add a topic and a poll for it. then you can select it and add it in your portal.

Wow. Thanks. I was surprised to see only a few words there though. Can I change that? It said :Thats Right the New....[Read Full]
Angel Cam

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Cam March 9th 2008, 1:59 am

Nevermind, I fixed it.
Angel Cam

Back to top Go down

Post by suegreatdanes March 17th 2008, 8:12 pm

Hi, I have a similar problem in that I cannot get the news box to show up on my portal page. Followed all the directions here and still no news box.

I have made a forum called 'portal' that I was going to use (as suggested) and have written in this forum. I made the forum only visible to myself - thought this might have something to do with it - but no - tried changing permissions - no news box.

Please can anyone offer some suggestions.....

Thanks

No Problem I have worked it out - I was on the wrong page Embarassed I have now set the right page as default (just in case others have this problem),
suegreatdanes

Language : english

Back to top Go down