The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to make a Pet-based Battle/RPG thingy?

2 posters

Go down

In progress Trying to make a Pet-based Battle/RPG thingy?

Post by AFoxInTheWires April 12th 2015, 8:16 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
Forum link : ( link is hidden, you must reply to see )

Description of problem

So, I'm super new to all of this and could use a little advice. I perused the help topics and really couldn't find anything that addressed my questions.

What I was hoping to do was make a game attached to the board in which players are assigned randomly generated "dragons", and can then train them, take them on "adventures", and battle other players and NPCs.

Now, I do have a good amount of experience with game design and coding, but pretty much no experience with PhP and forums. That being the case, I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice and/or suggestions on how to go about doing this. I saw the Pet thing in the "Tips & Tricks" section, but it doesn't really match with what I'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
AFoxInTheWires

Language : English

http://dragonarena.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Trying to make a Pet-based Battle/RPG thingy?

Post by Ange Tuteur April 13th 2015, 1:41 am

It depends how extensive you want it to be. There's no access to the server, so you'd need to use an external server if you're looking to store data and use PHP. You can however use profile fields or even topics to store data directly on the forum, but they're not the most secure methods.

Depending on what you'd want to do, it'd most likely take a knowledge of JavaScript and JS AJAX.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down