The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

[ONLY TOPIC] Ads redirection (Mobile & PC)

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pro Admin [ONLY TOPIC] Ads redirection (Mobile & PC)

Post by Leviosa on January 28th 2016, 11:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello

Thanks for your help. I've just reported the problem. I'll let you know when I've more information.

In order to help us, could you please provide:

- Url of your forum
- Ads displayed on PC, on tablet, on mobile (android, apple,...)
- Image location (copy and then past here)

- The link location (copy and then past here)

- Link on the ads and copy-past the final link

Thanks for your patience.

Regards
Buttercup

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15377
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: [ONLY TOPIC] Ads redirection (Mobile & PC)

Post by The Godfather on September 20th 2016, 9:55 am

Hello @Ben Reilly and @The Awakened,

Please, can you tell us if it concerns the mobile or the desktop version? It's really important for us to find the responsible for these redirections. It takes time to stop the redirects because here, we don't have redirects on mobile and desktop versions... Your returns are really important for us (mobile or desktop version, Apple or Android device, country, ...).

@BucolicBuffalo wrote:I asked if anyone was having difficulty today as traffic looks down. Looks like one of the ad partners needed to boost their hits, so they opened up the re-direction spam ads again. Ok, so maybe they really didn't do it to increase revenues. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

We don't think it's intended by the ad partner because these redirects are bad both for our brand as the ad partner's brand. But many ad partners don't invest enough to stop the problem

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on September 21st 2016, 6:42 pm

@The Godfather wrote:Hello @Ben Reilly and @The Awakened,

Please, can you tell us if it concerns the mobile or the desktop version? It's really important for us to find the responsible for these redirections. It takes time to stop the redirects because here, we don't have redirects on mobile and desktop versions... Your returns are really important for us (mobile or desktop version, Apple or Android device, country, ...).

@BucolicBuffalo wrote:I asked if anyone was having difficulty today as traffic looks down. Looks like one of the ad partners needed to boost their hits, so they opened up the re-direction spam ads again. Ok, so maybe they really didn't do it to increase revenues. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

We don't think it's intended by the ad partner because these redirects are bad both for our brand as the ad partner's brand. But many ad partners don't invest enough to stop the problem

It's on Apple users in the UK. They're still complaining about it ... I believe they call it "whinging"?

Ben Reilly

Language : English

http://newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BucolicBuffalo on September 22nd 2016, 4:53 am

Another user reporting in. Laptop this time using Edge.

aptitude.autoupdatessoft4eversafe.website

Forum http://www.brothersofbriar.com/

BucolicBuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather on September 22nd 2016, 5:43 pm

Hello @BucolicBuffalo,

I made several tests regarding your forum but impossible to have a redirect. I have correct banner on desktop and mobile versions

If I am located in Germany:

If I am located in US:

On mobile version:

And if I am logged in an account, there is no ad. So no redirect. Is it correct? I will continue my tests tomorrow but it's really difficult.

Best,

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather on September 22nd 2016, 6:01 pm

Hello @Ben Reilly,

To progress and fix your problem, I have a demand for you

I check your website and I see you've implemented few external resources (forum widgets, Javascripts codes, ...). Can you disable these external resources and test if the redirects are still present?

It's just to be 100% sure because I make several tests too and I can't have a redirect...

Best,

The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BucolicBuffalo on September 22nd 2016, 6:09 pm

You, like me, see no re-directs. Not unusual at all. This is very device specific. Neither of my two desktop systems, or my laptop, have ever seen any re-directs. I could only create the problem when I tried to use my iPhone.

You are seeing the normal ads for a user that is not logged in. We see no ads when logged in. But paying for no ads does not stop the re-directs for some users. For a long time I was sure that their systems were compromised somehow. It was not until this thread appeared that I started to understand that it is possible for some users to suffer this problem. Usually when running a device other than a desktop. But some users running a desktop do have the problem. I can't explain why.

I can always tell when users are having difficulties as the traffic is down. I have run the following OS, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Linux Mint 16, 17, 17.3, 18. Using Firefox with Adblock Plus and Ghostery. None of them ever got re-directed when trying to get into the forum. Very hard to solve a problem that we cannot see.

A couple pages back in this thread there were a lot of forums suffering the problem, it was tracked down quickly, with multiple forum admins expressing thanks for the relief. So it really does exist. I wish I could get better information feedback from the users. But they get re-directed before getting logged in and their devices lockup. So they do not come back for a few days.

@The Godfather wrote:Hello @BucolicBuffalo,

I made several tests regarding your forum but impossible to have a redirect. I have correct banner on desktop and mobile versions

If I am located in Germany:

If I am located in US:

On mobile version:

And if I am logged in an account, there is no ad. So no redirect. Is it correct? I will continue my tests tomorrow but it's really difficult.

Best,

BucolicBuffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by oggbad on September 22nd 2016, 9:52 pm

One of my users who only has access via iPhone cannot get into the forum as the login box is covered by a redirect advert.

I cannot reproduce the problem on Samsung or PC
The problem has been happening since last Saturday

I dont know what the redirect address is and I have no image to offer at the moment - as we can only communicate via FB Messenger

Is there a way of getting her to make some changes to her phone so she can login?

http://faded-aspidistra.bestforumonline.com/

Thanks in advance.

oggbad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jas101 on September 24th 2016, 8:13 am

No more redirects here. The site is fine again.

Jas101

Language : Uk

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum