The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The margins on the left and right sides of my forum

2 posters

Go down

The margins on the left and right sides of my forum Empty The margins on the left and right sides of my forum

Post by ScoobaSteve March 31st 2008, 3:23 am

Hi everyone.
I just started a forum and I am curious about all the wasted space on the left and right sides of the screen. I have clicked on the links that some people have put in their questions and noticed their forums go across the entire screen. Whenever people post pictures, they get cut off due to the large margins. How do I fix this?

here is a link to my forum:
http://scoobyshack.forum-motion.com/

here is what I would like it to look like:
http://misfortune.nice-forum.net/

Thanks for any help you can provide!
ScoobaSteve

Language : English

Back to top Go down

The margins on the left and right sides of my forum Empty Re: The margins on the left and right sides of my forum

Post by ilovegreen March 31st 2008, 3:27 am

use another forum style

admin panel- style- management or choose a theme

then choose from the options, i suggest you click hitskin.com

I hope this will help you
ilovegreen
ilovegreen
Forumember

Male Posts : 114

http://www.entermyworld.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

The margins on the left and right sides of my forum Empty Re: The margins on the left and right sides of my forum

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 3:29 am

Your banner is too wide for the background picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScoobaSteve March 31st 2008, 3:55 am

This is a theme from hitskin. Should I try another one?
ScoobaSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovegreen March 31st 2008, 4:17 am

yes, try another one and before you save it, take a look at the preview if you like it
ilovegreen
ilovegreen
Forumember

Male Posts : 114

http://www.entermyworld.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 4:18 am

No shrink down the scooby banner to fit the width of that backgroun d image

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 4:20 am

Give me the image of that square image in the back ground and the scooby banner and I will fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by ScoobaSteve March 31st 2008, 4:22 am

Kilsek, I'm not sure what you mean? The image behind the banner is part of the theme, I didn't make it. I just kept resizing the banner until it was centered on it.
ScoobaSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 4:24 am

oh ok ya then keep risizing the scooby banner until it fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ScoobaSteve March 31st 2008, 4:26 am

Does it not look like it fits to you? I have opened the forum in both firefox and IE and it looks perfectly centered. And its not so much the banner I am concerned with. Its the entire forum. There are just such wide gaps going down each side of the screen. I wish everything went across the whole screen. I guess its just the particular theme I chose
ScoobaSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 31st 2008, 4:29 am

We cant see the whole forum as you have it closed to gusts, it asks us to login or register

Back to top Go down