The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I?

2 posters

Go down

Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I? Empty Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I?

Post by Witchs-Haven March 31st 2008, 2:48 pm

Right, as per my suggestion in the suggestion area about restricting member who do not post by making them earn their right to view certain stuff on my forum, a suggestion was made to create groups. EG Beginners group for all new members who joined, and restrict that group access to the introductions and lounge area until they made a certain amount of post.

Well I have done that creating a group called Novice, and so I went into where you change all permissions only to discover I can not change the permissions on groups only for guests and normal members whom are not in a group. All of my groups permissions are set to all total access and I can not click on them to deselect. Is there a way to change this so I can give privilages to certain groups and restrict other groups?

Thanks in advance
WH
Witchs-Haven
Witchs-Haven

Female Posts : 19
Language : English

http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/admin/index.forum?sid=a737d60

Back to top Go down

Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I? Empty Re: Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I?

Post by Luky March 31st 2008, 3:27 pm

Go to Admin panel=>Forum=>Permissions=>Forum permissions control and click on a forum. You can uncheck the "View the forum" and "Read the reply" options for Members but check them for the group/groups you want to be able to view and post in that forum.Note that if you for example allow Guests to view a forum, Members and all other groups will automatically be able to see that forum as well.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I? Empty Re: Can not restrict permissions on groups, how do I?

Post by Witchs-Haven April 6th 2008, 3:34 pm

Thanks I have gone with something else now, which is a lot less trouble then adding all new members into a group...lol. I created a group for people whom post more often and restricted the regular members permissions. A lot less work.
Witchs-Haven
Witchs-Haven

Female Posts : 19
Language : English

http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/admin/index.forum?sid=a737d60

Back to top Go down