The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved]

3 posters

Go down

Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved] Empty Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved]

Post by hilde April 3rd 2008, 9:08 am

I have a member in my forum that dosent want her username and password beein saved so that she dosent have to log in everytime.
Many people in her family uses the same computer, and thats why she dosent want this.

She has tryed to unhock the option : save my username and password, but she still gets right in everytime she visits the forum...

She sendt me en pm if i could fix it , but i dont have a clue ? Hope you understand what i was trying to explane her Embarassed

Hilde
hilde
hilde
Forumember

Language : Norway / Denmark

Back to top Go down

Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved] Empty Re: Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved]

Post by Sun Tzu April 3rd 2008, 9:42 am

Hi,
To desactivate this option :

- Administration Panel,
- Users & Groups,
- User options,
- Automatic connexion.

The problem is the option will be desactivated for all members, also you Smile
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Forumember

Male Posts : 51
Language : French / English

Back to top Go down

Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved] Empty Re: Member log in, dont want username/password saved?[solved]

Post by Skittles April 3rd 2008, 9:53 am

Sun Tzu, I don't think that is what she is asking.

hilde, this is a browser issue. Is she using IE (internet explorer) or Firefox, or something else?

Usually in the browsers you can click tools >> Options >> then it can be in a different tab name depending upon which browser. For Firefox you click the Security tab, then look for Remember Passwords for Sites, and then click the Exceptions. Put in the url to this forum, or any other forum she doesn't want her computer to remember her username and passwrod.

Also make sure she unchecks the mark during signing in that says Remember Me.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Tzu April 3rd 2008, 9:58 am

Ok, thank you.

I did not see this :
She has tryed to unhock the option : save my username and password, but she still gets right in everytime she visits the forum...

Sorry.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Forumember

Male Posts : 51
Language : French / English

Back to top Go down

Post by hilde April 3rd 2008, 3:22 pm

Thanks for fast answer to you both Very Happy
I will tell her to check her browser.
hilde
hilde
Forumember

Language : Norway / Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 3rd 2008, 3:38 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Glad we could help!

Thanks!

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down