The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions About the New Updates (solved)

3 posters

Go down

Questions About the New Updates (solved) Empty Questions About the New Updates (solved)

Post by xaphania December 6th 2006, 12:46 pm

Firstly, the new updates are great! But for some of the things I can't see where you activate them.

1. For the chatbox, how do you ban someone?

- A new system to prevent bots to register

What is this? I can't see anything in the admin panel...

- You can have your own domain name

How do we do this? Again, I can't find it in the admin panel. And if we did activate our own domain name, would the old one still work too?

Finally, I've noticed a bug or something with the chatbox. The timestamp displays an hour ahead of the actual time, but the time in the entering and leaving messages is correct. Nothing major, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

The time on the rest of the board is correct.

Thankyou!
xaphania
xaphania
Forumember

Female Posts : 371
Language : English, French

http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Questions About the New Updates (solved) Empty Re: Questions About the New Updates (solved)

Post by Cornelia December 7th 2006, 12:00 am

Hello.

xaphania wrote:
1. For the chatbox, how do you ban someone?

I hadn't time to memorize all the actions to write, but as soon as the French tutorial will be written, we'll translate it.

xaphania wrote:
- A new system to prevent bots to register

What is this? I can't see anything in the admin panel...

When you register, you will have only one password field in the registration form. Once submitted, it will ask you to confirm your password. For guests, there will be a validation code to copy.

xaphania wrote:
- You can have your own domain name

How do we do this? Again, I can't find it in the admin panel. And if we did activate our own domain name, would the old one still work too?

It's available through the points management. Once the request is sent, it will take at most a few days for validation.

xaphania wrote:
Finally, I've noticed a bug or something with the chatbox. The timestamp displays an hour ahead of the actual time, but the time in the entering and leaving messages is correct. Nothing major, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

The time on the rest of the board is correct.

I did some verification on the test board the staff used to test the new features. Even if the time is set up to the Quebec time (gmt-5) in my profile and in the board config, the chatbox keeps the French timezone (gmt+1). I will report it to a technician.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Questions About the New Updates (solved) Empty Re: Questions About the New Updates (solved)

Post by Tristou December 7th 2006, 12:05 am

To ban a member in the chatbox, put this code (only for the admin(s)) :

/ban + username (example : /ban toto45)

to unban a member :
administration panel > chat box > banned user

Smile
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by xaphania December 7th 2006, 12:11 am

Thanks!

Smile
xaphania
xaphania
Forumember

Female Posts : 371
Language : English, French

http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down