The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin welcome messages still in outbox

2 posters

Go down

Admin welcome messages still in outbox Empty Admin welcome messages still in outbox

Post by RTHawk April 18th 2008, 5:10 am

I just checked my admin outbox to double check that my welcome message to new members is being read and found the outbox full of unread messages. Just to be clear...the welcome message is sent through the Private message feature on the forum? And if those messages haven't been read it is because of what? New members haven't activated the private message feature in their profile?

Is there a better way to make sure all new members get my welcome message?

Thanks,
RTHawk
RTHawk
RTHawk
Forumember

Female Posts : 27
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Admin welcome messages still in outbox Empty Re: Admin welcome messages still in outbox

Post by zakir321 April 18th 2008, 8:10 pm

Yes, the welcome message is sent through a pm and the pm function is activated by default for all new members. Probably some members never returned to your board after registration? Don't think there is a better way... maybe another though. You could create a welcome forum or thread where people can introduce themselves, you welcome message could be a sticky for example.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Admin welcome messages still in outbox Empty Re: Admin welcome messages still in outbox

Post by RTHawk April 19th 2008, 4:11 am

Sunny_D wrote: Probably some members never returned to your board after registration? Don't think there is a better way... maybe another though. You could create a welcome forum or thread where people can introduce themselves, you welcome message could be a sticky for example.

Hmnn, strange then, if they never returned and pm is on by default...when did they deactivate that feature? Oh well.

Yes, I already have a welcome/introduction thread. I really wanted an immediate guide in an automatic welcome message to new members so they would know right away where to look for guidelines and such.

Thanks for replying.
RTHawk
RTHawk
Forumember

Female Posts : 27
Language : English

Back to top Go down