The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

read or unread messages in outbox

+2
musket
wow99
6 posters

Go down

read or unread messages in outbox Empty read or unread messages in outbox

Post by wow99 October 31st 2009, 3:52 pm

I believe that sometimes when someone has read their PM it can still show up (stay) in your outbox. Can someone clarify how this works?

I am now using the members group to pm all my members regularly. It would be useful for me to know that I can say with confidence that if the pm I have sent to members has not been read when it is still in my outbox.
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

read or unread messages in outbox Empty Re: read or unread messages in outbox

Post by musket November 7th 2009, 12:43 am

I think a group message would have to be read by all before it clears your outbox scratch
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130
Language : English

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 7th 2009, 8:30 am

your out box are messages you compose and send. and sent messages are the ones you replied to.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 7th 2009, 8:38 am

kirk wrote:your out box are messages you compose and send. and sent messages are the ones you replied to.

No that is not correct. Normally sent messages are the ones that have been read. Unread messages you send are waiting to be picked up/read in your outbox.

But my question is as I think that sometimes messages are still in my outbox while they have been read. Or can I be certain that when it's still in the outbox is has not been read?

Surely I cannot be the only one wanting to find out about this?
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid November 7th 2009, 8:59 am

Sent messages that are not present in the Outbox are not always read, but the user will definitely see them. They can choose to read it or not, you can't make them, but for sure, they have been notified and they will read it sooner or later.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 7th 2009, 12:03 pm

wow99 wrote:
kirk wrote:your out box are messages you compose and send. and sent messages are the ones you replied to.

No that is not correct. Normally sent messages are the ones that have been read. Unread messages you send are waiting to be picked up/read in your outbox.

But my question is as I think that sometimes messages are still in my outbox while they have been read. Or can I be certain that when it's still in the outbox is has not been read?

Surely I cannot be the only one wanting to find out about this?

well ok... lol
i dont get the point of what your asking . if your sending messages to a group
then it dont matter if there in your out box or sent messages. if you sent the message then the group will receive them. even if you delete it form either box the message was already sent. i think even if you went back to try to edit the message.
it will not edit what was already sent.

But i dont know i was Lil confused with the whole thing to begin with. my apologize
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi November 7th 2009, 12:20 pm

The way I understand it is that if they are still in the outbox they are unread, if they are in the sent box they have been read. That is not like an e-mail & if the sender deletes then it disappears from the inbox of the recipient whether read or not. I found out recently that I had managed to miss three PM's despite our PM button turning from blue to bright red when one is received & being subscribed to e-mail notification.

Deletion is necessary as the PM box quickly fills up.

To get back to the original question by wow99, all I can say is I have never noticed if the message does occasionally stay in the outbox, that the recipient has read it, but can't be certain. I have for instance never had a reply to one still in the outbox.
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim November 7th 2009, 12:45 pm

Sometimes the messages stay as unread in your outbox...
I even got a reply from a member, but the out box still showed the sending (unread) status.

But don't get to hasty... I delete outbox messages if they are a month old.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down