The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formatting bugs

3 posters

Go down

Solved Formatting bugs

Post by WizardT October 20th 2023, 5:41 pm

I am running a roleplay forum which revolves around writing posts. People like to spend a lot of time making their posts look good. They use allign, fonts, size, bold, blank paragraphs etc. It's easy when we have the Editor Mode because we don't have to deal with the codes anymore. However, we have encountered A LOT of bugs with the formatting. 

1. One of the most annoying bugs is when you seperate text by several blank lines and you use justify. For example you want to do this:
text
text
text

But when you post you get this:
text

text

text

We have found out that you need to hit space on each new line in order to keep it. New users don't know this and they always feel annoyed when their text gets lumped together.

2. Sometimes new lines appear out of nowhere. For example, the original text might be:
text
text
text

But when you click edit and enter Editor Mode you see this:
text

text

text

Sometimes this is only visible in the Editor Mode and does not affect the original text. But sometimes when you edit and publish new lines appear in the original text too. You have to get back and delete the new lines. Sometimes the new lines double.

3. Sometimes when you edit a post the whole font and size changes back to default. You have to edit and apply it again. Sometimes only a sentence or a paragraph looses its font and size.

4. Formatting with new fonts is close to impossible. By new fonts I mean this. The script works and you CAN do it but the formatting breaks almost every time. Sometimes the whole font just dissappears when you post and every time you edit it as well. Sometimes when you edit, the font moves only to one of the paragraphs. Sometimes when you edit, all paragraphs but the first one disappear. 

In conclusion, it seams that whenever you have fonts, sizes, new lines, allign in a post something breaks. I know this forums are free but we're talking about basic funcitonality. I hope you fix it soon.

If you need information about my forum, it's Invision.

P.S. Even when I used justify in this post my text got lumped together. I had to go back and put in blank spaces. It's absolutely astounding. 

Last edited by WizardT on October 21st 2023, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
WizardT
WizardT

Language : Bulgarian

https://bgmagic.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Formatting bugs

Post by jucarese October 20th 2023, 8:05 pm

Hi use this JS placed in all pages:

Code:
$(function() {
          if( _userdata["user_level"] != 0 ) {
            $(function() {
              var a = $("#text_editor_textarea"), t;
              a.length && (t = a.val()) && $(function() {
                a.sceditor && a.sceditor("instance") && a.sceditor("instance").val(t);
              });
            });
          }
        });

It is a known bug of the editor, which those of us who use this Forumotion JS have been able to solve
jucarese
jucarese
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2454
Language : spanish

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u23082

skouliki, Ape, TonnyKamper, poesia-verses and Razor12345 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WizardT October 21st 2023, 9:03 am

jucarese wrote:Hi use this JS placed in all pages:

Code:
$(function() {
          if( _userdata["user_level"] != 0 ) {
            $(function() {
              var a = $("#text_editor_textarea"), t;
              a.length && (t = a.val()) && $(function() {
                a.sceditor && a.sceditor("instance") && a.sceditor("instance").val(t);
              });
            });
          }
        });

It is a known bug of the editor, which those of us who use this Forumotion JS have been able to solve

Oh my god, this made me so happy. Thank you so much!
WizardT
WizardT

Language : Bulgarian

https://bgmagic.bulgarianforum.net/

poesia-verses likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor12345 October 21st 2023, 9:39 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Formatting bugs Screen51
Razor12345