The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators

3 posters

Go down

How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators Empty How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators

Post by Interlink April 20th 2008, 2:20 pm

I would like to limit the availability of the IP look up to forum administrators only. Is there any way I can disable this feature to forum moderators? Please...

Thanks..
Interlink
Interlink
Forumember

Male Posts : 36
Language : English

http://makadiosta.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators Empty Re: How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators

Post by Guest April 20th 2008, 2:23 pm

Admin Panel
Styles
List the pictures

on the right side of the row where the IP button is click hide

then click save bottom center of page.

Back to top Go down

How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators Empty Re: How do I disable the IP search function for forum moderators

Post by Interlink April 20th 2008, 2:25 pm

Kilsek wrote:Admin Panel
Styles
List the pictures

on the right side of the row where the IP button is click hide

then click save bottom center of page.
Thanks Kilsek..If i'll do this will the IP look up feature be still available to me as forum admin?
Interlink
Interlink
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 20th 2008, 2:32 pm

Ya if you go to the admin panel and look in security. I wont be available in the forums however

Back to top Go down

Post by Interlink April 20th 2008, 2:33 pm

Kilsek wrote:Ya if you go to the admin panel and look in security. I wont be available in the forums however
Thanks a heap..Very much appreciated..more power!
Interlink
Interlink
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by aera July 21st 2008, 10:18 pm

Yes, But what if I want to search for a member via his IP address, is this possible?
aera

Language : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 21st 2008, 11:01 pm

no

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 21st 2008, 11:42 pm

aera wrote:Yes, But what if I want to search for a member via his IP address, is this possible?

Here's an idea for ya ... a bit off the wall, but it should work.

Make, or have someone else make, a transparent .gif the same size as the current IP icon. Replace the default icon with the transparent one in pics management.

You won't SEE it, but when you put your mouse over it you should get the "hand" cursor for a link. Click it and it should open just as before:)

Very doubtful anyone else will even try to find it if you keep it quiet.

As a matter of fact, here - I just made one for ya. It's hosted on my server for download... Transparent .GIF
Just click on the "download" button.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aera July 22nd 2008, 4:04 am

Wait I don't understand. By replacing this with a GIF, what will I get for it? *scratches head*
aera

Language : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 22nd 2008, 4:37 am

aera wrote:Wait I don't understand. By replacing this with a GIF, what will I get for it? *scratches head*

What did I say here...
You won't SEE it, but when you put your mouse over it you should get the "hand" cursor for a link. Click it and it should open just as before:)
THAT is what you'll get - a blank space that can't be seen, but clicking will activate the original link to the IP icon. Just replace the original icon with the transparent one. The action will be the same but only you will know it's there.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down