The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I request a new skin?

4 posters

Go down

Can I request a new skin? Empty Can I request a new skin?

Post by prissanna April 21st 2008, 10:01 pm

Hello New here.

1. Is there a place to request a new skin? I want something glittery with dollz and such as my forum is called Thrifty Divas.

2. The computer automatically set my name up as admin. Can I change this? I don't want to be known as admin. Evil or Very Mad

3. How do I make my forum have a portal like this one?

Last edited by prissanna on April 22nd 2008, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
prissanna

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can I request a new skin? Empty Re: Can I request a new skin?

Post by g7acu April 21st 2008, 10:21 pm

Hi Prissanna

You can access a number of different skins through your admin panel; it's all fairly self-explanatory. Go into Admin then select Styles tab then Choose a Theme. Follow the routine in there

'Admin' is the generic user name generated, but if you definately don't want this then you can go into your profile (once you've signed in) and change the User Name in the top option box on that screen. Think though, whether it might be useful having an 'anonymous' admin - you could keep the admin profile and simply register with your forum again as someone else.

Finally, as for the portal, there's a very good FAQ on the subject in this link here

Finally, might I kindly suggest that if you have any other issues, try a search first as most queries have already been covered elsewhere and you might find help that's already been posted.
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by prissanna April 22nd 2008, 1:01 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked at all the skins available and was hoping that I could find something 'different'. That's why I asked IF there was a place you could request a skin.

I'll check out the info you provided. Very Happy

OH, and is there any way to have a monetary system like you get so many points/dollars for posts and then you can buy a character avatar or something like that?

^ Please excuse this question, I'll ask it in another thread. Embarassed

Last edited by prissanna on April 22nd 2008, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
prissanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 22nd 2008, 3:03 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem. Also due to this, we ask that you have separate threads for each question.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by prissanna April 22nd 2008, 4:48 pm

Changed it. blackeye
prissanna

Back to top Go down

Can I request a new skin? Empty Re: can I request a new skin?

Post by omegrakai April 22nd 2008, 6:06 pm

The computer automatically set my name up as admin. Can I change this? I don't want to be known as admin.

yes you can, go here...
http://(type in title here)/profile.forum?mode=editprofile
then you'll see you name type the name you want then save. hope it works!
Very Happy

EDIT: oops! I thought no one answered that, sorry.
omegrakai
omegrakai

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 22nd 2008, 10:05 pm

Thank you for the title change.

As for requesting a new skin, yes it is possible. In our graphics request forum, BUT right now the graphics team has been overloaded with a lot of requests, and some are working on some new themes as we speak. Creating skins takes up a lot more time, so if you do request a skin, expect a delay if they agree to do it.

In case you were wondering about the reason to why we request one question per thread.

When others who might have the same questions come in, and if they use the search feature, which we hope they will. The only keywords that will come up in the search is the one you have in the title. Therefore, if you have more than one question in your thread, they will never be found.

So instead of possibly helping many, the other questions not keynoted in the title will likely only help one.

That is not to say that one could not use the advanced search to search for posts, instead of titles, but in most cases they don't. The title is the most common. I hope this clears up any possible confusion you may have had, for my request.

It was a little bit too late to ask, being as all three of your original questions had already been answered. But my hope was that it would help for future reference. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by prissanna April 23rd 2008, 3:59 pm

No problem. To start with I thought I had violated a sacred rule Laughing and was a bit upset, but I then realized that your request had been asked of other people as well. It was just the way it was worded I suppose. I do understand now.

I'll put in a request for a new skin. I'm not in a major hurry or anything. Should I give them an example of what I want - Like the graphics, or do they just do whatever?
prissanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 24th 2008, 12:25 am

Yes if you know what you want, or in the lines of, please give them images, colors, whatever you can give, to give them some type of idea.

Even what you like about one skin, but not about another. The more info, the easier it is on them.

I would not hurt for you to add your website to your profile so they can access it, to take a look at what you have currently, and if there is anything you like about what you might already have.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down