The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skin request......

5 posters

Go down

skin request...... Empty skin request......

Post by sahir May 20th 2008, 4:42 pm

hi i m a member of the forumotion community i want a skin like this forum.(help.forumotion.com)
not exactly like this but a little modified...
Like as catagories are arranged in this, i wanrt same arrngement in my own forum...
plz i request some help me and make some extra beautiful skins for my forum.........
my forum address is sahir.forumotion.com
Thanks in advance.............. Hello
sahir
sahir

Male Posts : 10
Language : English

http://sahir.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

skin request...... Empty Re: skin request......

Post by Jalokim May 20th 2008, 5:54 pm

To request a simple full theme, your forum must be active, and have at least 300* members.
To request a custom theme you must have over 500* members registered to your forum.

sorry but you do not meet the requirements

I do not do requests via PM

*these are unofficial numbers for now... this regulation has not yet been added to the rules
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by purple7 May 20th 2008, 9:23 pm

Oh, I had the same problem. Isnt that a bit unfair?
purple7
purple7
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim May 20th 2008, 9:40 pm

actually it is fair...
to create a theme is not easy, you must have hundreds of things on your mind... you need to make sure the CSS is good... you need to make sure it works on all resolutions ... the buttons must be nice...etc....

... if you have 10 members on your forum , no-one knos how things will turn out... and what if this gfx artist makes you a theme... a custom one...
he works all week to create it and in a months time your forum fails and its deleted...

a waste of time... especially for such a task.
Only forums with a brighter future qualify
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by XvitalX May 20th 2008, 11:58 pm

i agree they aren't easy to make im part of the GFX team at pspcube.com and i help make themes and other stuff. it once took me 2 weeks on making there last theme....wasn't easy but it was fun
XvitalX
XvitalX

Male Posts : 5
Language : english

http://ultimatepsp.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2008, 2:45 am

Jalokim wrote:actually it is fair...
to create a theme is not easy, you must have hundreds of things on your mind... you need to make sure the CSS is good... you need to make sure it works on all resolutions ... the buttons must be nice...etc....

... if you have 10 members on your forum , no-one knos how things will turn out... and what if this gfx artist makes you a theme... a custom one...
he works all week to create it and in a months time your forum fails and its deleted...

a waste of time... especially for such a task.
Only forums with a brighter future qualify

Jalokim, them numbers are insane! You can count the amount of forums that have that numbers of members on 2 hands most likely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2008, 2:54 am

I agree!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno May 21st 2008, 8:27 am

No i think Jalokim is right you will request a theme it takes weeks then the forum is bumping there thread inpatiently and by the time you have made the theme the person dosnt want it.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sahir May 21st 2008, 11:10 am

no no no.........
this is totaly unfair......
if a person has madea forum recently on the request of his friends...and there is no chance to be deleted...then why u do it....
this requirement is too high and only those forums are deleted which are public and those which are personal forums they are never deleted....
So rules must be changed my dear.......
its some thing else that i cant force you to make a skin or theme for my forum.............. Shit
sahir
sahir

Male Posts : 10

http://sahir.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2008, 3:33 pm

beno wrote:No i think Jalokim is right you will request a theme it takes weeks then the forum is bumping there thread inpatiently and by the time you have made the theme the person dosnt want it.

Then that person is banned from making any other graphic request!

And it doesn't take weeks to make a theme!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno May 21st 2008, 4:58 pm

it is if your making the theme from Jalokim or any other css expert !
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim May 21st 2008, 6:28 pm

the numbers are not official yet... so don't go all buzzy about the limit...
we are still trying to set a decent limit... but there is a problem in ranking the forums... is post count more important or number of members....

I'd prefer knowing how active a forum is before hand. Everyone has to start at some point. Even i had the basic phpbb theme at first.

And kilsek... I actually beg to differ... the quality of themes on hitskin is not too good... and its because people thing themes are made quick and easy like a banner.

I make themes so that everything works... and works on all resolutions! that is an important factor. people have different resolutions ranging from 1024 to 1600 or higher... Now to make a SVG theme (working on all forums) more time has to be taken and more planning needs to be made.

I don't know about you guys... but i prefer quality over quantity.
quality that will work on all resolutions and on all browsers.
So maybe others prefer quick themes that take 2 days to make, and they have to fix it along the way.

even though a forum theme is important is it really the base for your forum's sucess? Or is it what you offer.
I suggested choosing a theme from hitskin for the time being and later...when you have a sucssesful forum you can customise it.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2008, 6:39 pm

Jalokim wrote:

And kilsek... I actually beg to differ... the quality of themes on hitskin is not too good... and its because people thing themes are made quick and easy like a banner.

And the ones that you may consider High quality haven't had issues of late with the images stretching etc?

I point you to the Hitskin forum.

Back to top Go down