The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion on New credits management

+2
Alexander K
Shadow
6 posters

Go down

What do you think of the new credits management ?

Your opinion on New credits management Left1144%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 44% 
[ 8 ]
Your opinion on New credits management Left1111%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 11% 
[ 2 ]
Your opinion on New credits management Left1111%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 11% 
[ 2 ]
Your opinion on New credits management Left116%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 6% 
[ 1 ]
Your opinion on New credits management Left110%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your opinion on New credits management Left1128%Your opinion on New credits management Right11 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Your opinion on New credits management Empty Your opinion on New credits management

Post by Shadow April 25th 2008, 4:33 pm

Hello again!

Same procedure as the abuse topic, please give us your feedbacks on the changes Smile

Cheers!
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on New credits management Empty Re: Your opinion on New credits management

Post by Alexander K April 26th 2008, 7:48 am

I actually liked it alot. Smile

I just bought my domain name for my site (.com) and I'm just waiting for it to activate! Smile
Alexander K
Alexander K
Forumember

Male Posts : 83
Language : English & French

http://www.wearechaotix.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on New credits management Empty Re: Your opinion on New credits management

Post by g7acu April 27th 2008, 1:52 pm

I prefer this title, it makes more sence.

I do however, think there should be some description as to what happens when your points expire. I'm sure on the older version it mentioned that if you bought points to edit templates, it suggested the templates would stay edited, even once your points expire.
Also, what happens when your additional Gallery storage expires - there should be some clarity as to what happens I think.
I'd also like to see an option to set an automated email request to remind users when certain credits expire, maybe 2 weeks before they are due?
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by LightningAds April 27th 2008, 9:42 pm

Credit System looks good, But I'm not sure how you get them.
LightningAds

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 28th 2008, 1:05 am

Typlo, I really mean no offense here, but it is crap! If the people that add these gadgets to the sites really cared what we thought they would ask us about them before they even but them on. If they really care about what we think and WANT--then add some of our suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 28th 2008, 9:32 am

Pesting on all the new updates only because it's not the update you arewaiting for isn't, in my opinion, the best way for techs to listen to you.

I would rather prefer objectives feedbacks about the updates and their content if possible, not vote crap only because an update isn't part of a request that has been done.
Requests take time to develop, and it's not because this update isn't from a request, that they are not working in parallel on other projects that have been asked by members.

This specific project was made high priority, as it is important for us to have a clean service, without any illegal content on it.

Thanks anyway Your opinion on New credits management Icon_wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 28th 2008, 2:31 pm

So it takes over a year to add the skin selector? Remember that big vote? It won and it was never implemented.

I have been frequenting the French Support Forum and see (with the help of translator) that the tech do post there and answer questions. Why dont they do here?

Many and I mean many of their suggestions have been implemented. We are shown no respect in that our suggestions have not been implemented. Granted the change to the term credit will help eliminate confusion, but it is nothing to have to open a post like this.

Looking for feedback? It looks like they are trying to feed their ego.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 28th 2008, 4:30 pm

They don't want to feed their ego, but they want objectives feedbacks as I already said, not a vote "crap" just because they are not developing what you wish them to develop.

If you vote "crap" by explaining why this specific update and feature is crap, they will be happy to make the modifications on it as long as you give constructive arguments.

Here I'm asking your feedbacks on the credits, but in your vote and answer there is nothing relating to the credits, how is this suppose to help them out ?

I understand you can be annoyed, but that won't help, and will never make techs work more in adequation with your desires.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 28th 2008, 7:11 pm

Ok you want to know why it is crap? Well how about fixing the problem with the credits that people can't extend the time of the services they purchase through the credit system? Why is it that the tech after a week still haven't fixed the problem in my credit management.

But they are trying to feed their ego. "Oh look you English people what we did, now tell us how much you like it and thank us for it."

If THEY wanted to hear from us why didn't they post this topic, oh thats right this is the English support forum, we aren't good enough for them.

And I did say in the above post that it will help end confusion between site points and points management.

I voted crap because it wasn't something that had to be fixed right now, how about fixing the problem of the personal profiles, and being kicked from the chat for not typing a message in 8 minutes.

It seems I am the only one that has the balls to speak up and speak against the lack of respect that we as a whole are shown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow April 29th 2008, 10:15 am

On the French side they didn't post it either, it's our job to collect feedbacks from users, and transmit them to the techs.
So what's all the fuss about English people not being good enough for the techs, as the procedure is the same on the French side ?

They're happy if people are satisfied, but that is not the goal of the thread, the goal is to see what can be enhanced and modified in the update.
They are not childs that need to be congratulated, they only want constructive feedbacks.

I repeat myself a last time : techs are working on fixing all bugs and problems, and implementing new suggestions that have been done.

When they will be here I don't want to hear you saying "see good job I moaned, now they're doing proper updates thanks to me", as they've been working hard on them without needed you complaining continuously about their work.

Ok you want to know why it is crap? Well how about fixing the problem with the credits that people can't extend the time of the services they purchase through the credit system? Why is it that the tech after a week still haven't fixed the problem in my credit management.

This is indeed an error on our side, I didn't see the thread until this morning, as I couldn't browse through all the forum due to lack of time with other projects we are building for Forumotion.
They will be correcting this issue promptly.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 29th 2008, 7:39 pm

Kilsek wrote:Ok you want to know why it is crap? Well how about fixing the problem with the credits that people can't extend the time of the services they purchase through the credit system? Why is it that the tech after a week still haven't fixed the problem in my credit management.

But they are trying to feed their ego. "Oh look you English people what we did, now tell us how much you like it and thank us for it."

If THEY wanted to hear from us why didn't they post this topic, oh thats right this is the English support forum, we aren't good enough for them.

And I did say in the above post that it will help end confusion between site points and points management.

I voted crap because it wasn't something that had to be fixed right now, how about fixing the problem of the personal profiles, and being kicked from the chat for not typing a message in 8 minutes.

It seems I am the only one that has the balls to speak up and speak against the lack of respect that we as a whole are shown.

I've both the balls and the attitude but after receiving a warning for a small criticism of a moderator, well you know how it is. Thumb down
I agree totally with your comment that both the owners and technicians show the users of the English forums little or no respect.
We have to put up with "upgrades" with little or no use to us that usually end up messing our boards up for a couple of weeks.
For what I have paid out for a "free" forum I could have got a domain name or two,50gb of space, full technician backup and smf or phpbb forum software installed (not a cut down version but the full one).
When we ask why we cannot buy or have access to the databases we get a "non" never any explanation other than a link to a French law that states quite clearly (to those of us in the know) yes we can.
It is about time that forumotion started to not only listen to the members of the English support forum but actually giving answers that are clear and concise ( the answer about the databases is a good example of being as clear as mud).
The excuse that we haven't got enough technicians won't wash either as to install an upgrade takes but a simple script to install it to all forums at the same time and most upgrades requested by the members are but a small download.
Yes my coding is almost 10 years out of date but the basics are still the same no matter what programming language you are using.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 29th 2008, 9:38 pm

Before this discussion continues, I'd just like to state two-three facts:
> Ask VBulletin (for example), you shouldn't get their databases either Wink
> Badger11 has been warned for something well worth Rolling Eyes
> Oh, lest I forget he has the guts to insult us behind our backs on another board. Yes, he's a courageous man

> We're not forcing anyone to stay, if you are so displeased withour services, you can pack up and leave (leaving the kitchen sink and the ice cube tablets)

This thread is about the CREDITS system, the next post out of that particular context will be considered as spam or open flamewar
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 29th 2008, 10:59 pm

but the ice cude tablets are for my drinks. How shall I drink my scotch?

But the change of the terms points>>credits does make sense. It should have originally been called that. In retrospect I guess it is ok, but not nothing to be asking for feedback on.

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 April 30th 2008, 12:08 pm

i think its a excellent thing and it is really good and will be very usful
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 30th 2008, 5:04 pm

Caihlem wrote:Before this discussion continues, I'd just like to state two-three facts:
> Ask VBulletin (for example), you shouldn't get their databases either Wink
> Badger11 has been warned for something well worth Rolling Eyes
> Oh, lest I forget he has the guts to insult us behind our backs on another board. Yes, he's a courageous man

> We're not forcing anyone to stay, if you are so displeased withour services, you can pack up and leave (leaving the kitchen sink and the ice cube tablets)

This thread is about the CREDITS system, the next post out of that particular context will be considered as spam or open flamewar

As for courageous have you been awarded the distinguished conduct medal and the military medal?
When was the last time you took a team of 6 men against 153?
When you have done both then you can call me a coward and not until.
I am no longer going to participate in this forum as I find one or two of the staff too up themselves and very immature.
Before you say this is spam then consider your own post.
Goodbye all I will no longer be on this forum have a nice life.

bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 30th 2008, 9:47 pm

Indeed goodbye: I warned about this kind of post being considered spam, I said many times, to you as well, that P.M's re't for decoration Wink

=> Member banned
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2008, 1:33 pm

Caihlem wrote:Indeed goodbye: I warned about this kind of post being considered spam, I said many times, to you as well, that P.M's re't for decoration Wink

=> Member banned

Bit harsh for criticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem May 1st 2008, 1:49 pm

I tend to disagree

Badger11 has been reprimanded on several occasions before:
The first for moderating other members
The second time for insulting a moderator
*He then decided it was safer to insult the whole staff elsewhere*
And now he's going against a serious warning made to everyone

Warnings add up, and he just reached his deadline. Besides, seen as he doesn't want to come here anymore anyway, I don't think he'll mind
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 3rd 2008, 5:21 am

ok... back to the topic,

I think that the points management update is a VERY good one. It made the management of points more "user friendly"

Drag~

Back to top Go down