The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission

3 posters

Go down

Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission Empty Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission

Post by JS Admin May 7th 2008, 11:52 pm

Hi i run a Journey South forum www.journeysouth-forums.co.uk and as Admin over there i've had a strange occurance with Mods. I have 4 admins there and no mods, or so i thought! infact three members are mods and no ones made them one. I keep trying to change their rights and click save but its not doing anything. Can anyone help?
JS Admin

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission Empty Re: Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission

Post by Punk101 May 8th 2008, 3:44 am

Do the members that have the unknown 'Mod" status have a personal user profile in the users and groups section in the admin panel? Check it in the Group Administration Section. If they have the personal user profile, just change their permissions or erase the personal profile.
Punk101
Punk101
Forumember

Male Posts : 36
Language : English, Icelandic, French, PHP, Java, JS, CSS, Web Design, Logo Design, Flash Websites,

http://punk101.hightoxic.com

Back to top Go down

Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission Empty Re: Random Mods- Members getting mod rights without my permission

Post by Skittles May 8th 2008, 8:28 pm

That can sometimes be the problem with having too many Admins, changes are made without your knowledge or approval.

Check your statistics and see who is making changes. Because one cannot just magically become a mod. It is not possible. Somewhere someone has made a mistake with permissions, or you have someone who is giving rights that should not be. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down