The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces

2 posters

Go down

Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces Empty Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces

Post by king34 October 26th 2008, 9:19 pm

My mods and super mods can't sticky. But if i tick the box in advanced mode to let them sticky, members are not allowed access to any of the forums...help
king34

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces Empty Re: Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces

Post by kirk October 27th 2008, 9:25 pm

to allow mods to enable stickies and announcements.
you have to have there permissions set for special messages.

you can do this as groups. or by the forums. or even have them in there own hidden group and select there permissions that way.

go to a forum board in the admin panel. and click on permissions. you will see special messages.

when that is selected. then all that are selected for that can write stickies or announcements.if you dont want members or certain staff to have them option?
be sure not to have them permissions set for any given staff,members or forums/boards.

hope that helps
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces Empty Re: Super mods and mods cant sticky...when they do members dont have acces

Post by king34 October 28th 2008, 4:39 pm

yeah but If i tick it so that the moderatos can post stickies, members cant view that forum for some reason
king34

Language : english

Back to top Go down