The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fully customize my forum

2 posters

Go down

How to fully customize my forum Empty How to fully customize my forum

Post by Lizzie May 10th 2008, 3:51 am

I have a few questions:

1. how can i change the background color? i dont need to add an image, i just want a specific color background.
2. how can i make the forum page look a bit slimmer? i want to make the site look slimmer and not too wide. How can i control the size?
3. how can i add a footer or a disclaimer at the bottom of the forum site? something that says that the forum is not related to to this and that, etc.

HELP pls! ...

Thanks,
Liz
Lizzie
Lizzie
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to fully customize my forum Empty Re: How to fully customize my forum

Post by Guest May 10th 2008, 4:01 am

On forumotion forums you canno't add a footer unless you purchace template management.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN May 10th 2008, 4:10 am

Hello Lizzie,

1. To change the background color, go to: Administration Panel > Styles > Colors (under 'Pictures and Colors' in the left column) > Scroll down to the 'Background Colors' section and make your changes. Click 'Save'.

If that doesn't work, go back to the same page mentioned above and click on the 'CSS Stylesheet' tab near the top right. Look for this similar code near the top:
Code:
background-color: #363636;
Only change the 6 digits that appear after the '#' sign. Be very careful when you're editing the Css Stylesheet.

2. To change the width of your forum, try this article: Click here.

3. You can create a footer for your portal; however, I believe that you'll have to perform template editing in order for that same footer to appear on all of your pages. This can be done by purchasing credits.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie May 12th 2008, 10:48 am

thanks for your help guys! Smile
Lizzie
Lizzie