The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening all other portal pages in the center column?

5 posters

Go down

Opening all other portal pages in the center column? Empty Opening all other portal pages in the center column?

Post by BBR May 15th 2008, 4:45 pm

Hi,

Could someone please point me in the right direction on how i can open html created pages into column 2 from links in the Nav bar &/or links modules i've created in columns 1 & 3.

Any advice would be great, sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks,

BBR.
BBR

Male Posts : 8
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Opening all other portal pages in the center column? Empty Re: Opening all other portal pages in the center column?

Post by BBR May 16th 2008, 2:46 pm

Anyone??
BBR

Back to top Go down

Opening all other portal pages in the center column? Empty Re: Opening all other portal pages in the center column?

Post by Sir-Duke May 16th 2008, 5:06 pm

create a custom blog and link it to your html pages
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584
Language : english

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR May 16th 2008, 6:15 pm

Do you mean "block"? I've done this but when I click on a link within it it opens the html page across all 3 columns (the whole page).
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke May 16th 2008, 7:23 pm

yeah block sorry was typo Smile well then you can use Iframe
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR May 16th 2008, 7:51 pm

OK thanks I'll give iframes a go!!
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR May 16th 2008, 8:06 pm

I CAN now open a link into the iframe - thanks for that!! Buuuut how would I replace the existing modules in column 2 on a page by page basis? For example, when you first visit my portal I want visitors to see the latest news module at the top of column 2, a module that I've got video codes on below that etc, etc. When someone clicks on a link I have in module 1 i want just the iframe to appear in column 2 displaying the page I linked to WITHOUT the news module, video module etc to be visible?

Can the initial modules be displayed inside the iframe?
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR May 17th 2008, 4:26 pm

BUMP!!
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy..x May 17th 2008, 8:20 pm

You can click:
''CREATE A CUSTOM BLOCK''
So that you can make your own block, and write your own text
Mandy..x
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR May 18th 2008, 9:34 am

Mandy..x wrote:You can click:
''CREATE A CUSTOM BLOCK''
So that you can make your own block, and write your own text

Yep i understand that, I've created custom blocks on my portal to show videos etc. In one of my custom blocks in column 1 I've created buttons that link to html pages, I need these html pages to open in column 2 somehow whilst still having columns 1 & 3 visible.
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 18th 2008, 10:25 am

what your really mean here to import some of block on your portal on new html pages right? well, you can import it all using iframe but im afraid we can not import just part of portal.

but you can create new table instead and put that video code of your there
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Subminor May 22nd 2008, 10:22 am

No. I Understand BBR. Im having the same problem...

We want to create a custom block so that it can be in column 2. At the moment creating a custom block only allows you to add it above or below all of the colums. This is what we aim to do:

Opening all other portal pages in the center column? Portalpic

Is that right BBR
Subminor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 23rd 2008, 1:12 am

yes it is possible to make your custom pics/vids in that coloum.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by BBR June 11th 2008, 8:23 pm

What I'm looking to achieve is...

In column 1 I want to have my own custom links in a block, I know how to create the block & the links, when a link is clicked in that block I want the page that it links to to open in column 2, WHILST STILL displaying the custom block with the links in column 1.

I hope I've explained it clearly. Smile
BBR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 11th 2008, 9:42 pm

BBR wrote:

I want the page that it links to to open in column 2, WHILST STILL displaying the custom block with the links in column 1.

I hope I've explained it clearly. Smile
cannot be done
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Back to top Go down