The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSS help.need to change post background.

3 posters

Go down

CSS help.need to change post background. Empty CSS help.need to change post background.

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 4:29 am

Like to use an background image.
Also my username for the board is showing up in this really dark blue.You can't hardly read it.
The rest of this post will explain what i'm trying to do.

I've asked this question several times in different posts. Maybe it can't be done?
Perhaps asking for tech support in the other forum would be helpful? I'm sure there is a way but i haven't found it yet.Like to get this done.Some of the smilies are not showing well.While i could give them up and some other things-i'd rather change this color before we run into more problems.

how do you change the post and smilie backgrounds without changing the anything else.We like the black background.No problem with that.But when the posts come up it's hard to see the emoticons because the background is black(both in the post and smilie box).Then we would have to change the text to black too.White wouldn't show.
So we would like to know how to change the black in JUST the post and smilie boxes and where to change JUST the post text to black.

I tried once before and it changed the WHOLE board to a light color.
We want to keep it black on MOST of the board.The ONLY part we want changed is the post (where the messages show up)and the smilie box where the smilies are viewed.
That's it.It's been a problem since the beginning and every time i try to change JUST those sections it changes everywhere else on our board.I can't seem to find where to change the font color of admin either.The really dark blue on back background also makes it impossible to read.
I may need a tech to help do this.
Hope you can help.We'd like to get done soon.
thanks in advance!
Here's the board:
THE BOARD
Maybe there's something in the css sheet that could do this?
really.Hope to get this done soon so we can get other things going at our board. Rolling Eyes
Will try the tech support forum next.

That also means i have to change the color of the font there too.If i change it in text it's gonna end up black on the main.Can't have that.

CSS help.need to change post background. Adminiconxe2ym9
Wake me up when there's an answer.

Last edited by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com on May 17th 2008, 7:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : include image)
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

CSS help.need to change post background. Empty Re: CSS help.need to change post background.

Post by Guest May 17th 2008, 2:16 pm

We need screen shots! I can see howe a smilie wont show up on any color background.

Please provide screen shots and then I will help.

Back to top Go down

CSS help.need to change post background. Empty Re: CSS help.need to change post background.

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 5:14 pm

thank you so much.I'm going crazy with this.
here's the portal.The white on silver has to go. There are lotts of folks(like myself)that simply don't have the vision we used to and have various eye problems.Things like this can get by some ppl;but not all of us.

You will see there too how the one username(mine) is a dark dark blue.Same on the board.

CSS help.need to change post background. Scr1af4d24xo4
Now the home(index) page with the black posts.
the BIG problem.I switched out some of the smilies that weren't showing up.But if we get this fixed i can put those back.

CSS help.need to change post background. Scr1b2d57cmh5
You'll also see how the font color on the bottom is this really light blue on silver.Should also be black.
Managed to make most of these fonts black;but not all.
Last but not least the main board:
CSS help.need to change post background. Scr1b677c5pq0
Of course once this is fixed there will be some switching around again;but it will be a lot easier for me to do that.
Those 3 shots should give you a good idea of what's going on.
Here is the background image i'd like to have it when you write message and post message both.SAME background both sections.
Black text will show up very well on it:
CSS help.need to change post background. 2heartback

Thanks so much!!!I didn't think we were ever going to get this done.The skin is awesome;hated to give it up.
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 17th 2008, 5:23 pm

hello,
i wonder what your real problem here? it is your forum skin or just your dark blue name? why dont you change it to more brightest color then Wink ?
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

CSS help.need to change post background. Empty there's several problems

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 5:26 pm

there's white on silver in some sections.Hard to see. Some of the smilies we wanted to use don't show up on black background. Of course there's the username and i can't find where to change this.
Last but not least black is great;but when you have vision problems you have no idea what it's like to read white text on black background.
The skin is awesome and i am going to stick with it.
But the plan is to have that image in the background and change the text to black in JUST that section.I tried all this;the problem is that if you change it in the posts then it ends up changed on the main.That doesn't work.It has to be in these sections only and i don't have enough knowledge of CSS to do it.
Am ready to give up.
Have posted this at least 4x in diff forums.
It can't be that difficult for someone with a good knowledge of css.

Last edited by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com on May 17th 2008, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 17th 2008, 5:28 pm

hmm.. good luck then..
but i've visited your forum before and if true your problem just with your dark blue name, there is easy way to solve it. just go to admin panel

user & group > group management > click on moderator (in your case) > and find color box to set new color

its just suggestion Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 5:36 pm

that will fix that and i appreciate your help.tHowever, I'm not giving up this skin.It's awesome.I just don't have enough knowledge of css to monkey with it.Sorry.
there's more than one problem.The white on silver.Can't see well either.
the light blue on silver.Ditto.
Now when you have vision problems to read white on black for posts is horrid.A little bit is just fine..but whole posts.Nope.
Some of the smilies we wanted to use don't show up either.
And on the portal.The text is white on silver.Hard to read too.You can see on the main board it's mostly black.
I did what i could figure out to do.However,if i change the color in one section it shows up on the main. Then the main looks horrid.
We only need the background image in the posts and write posts.
And then to keep the text black in ONLY those sections-or you're going to have black on black on the main.This is where CSS would come in handy.
See the buttons too.Preview and Send. The text is white on silver again.Should be black.

CSS help.need to change post background. Scr1c36a7ftm2

Last edited by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com on May 17th 2008, 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add info)
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 17th 2008, 6:30 pm

so its your skin that cause that problem.. mind of your tell me where did you get that skin? because im try it myself and see if i can solve that problem your have there,
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 9:00 pm

the skin itself is AWESOME;it's the changes that are a bugger for me.
Will grab it for ya.version 2
FROM HITSKINS
The Skin is called Arkanian.
I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression here.There's no real issue w/ the skin itself. I wouldn't trade this skin for any other.It's changing a few things that's been a problem for me.I do not know CSS well enuf.If i did you can be sure this would have been done.And i wouldn't be over here bugging you guys constantly.

Am counting on the expertise of others(ppl like yourself)
Ok. I'm nitpicky. Envision the board this way-that's the way i'd like to see it. beu
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 17th 2008, 9:31 pm

well its impossibe to put image background on post body without template editing.. i think on your case your just need to adjust color of your forum to make it more friendly.. try enter you admin panel

style > color > background color > and set it on this color

Table Row color 1 : #202020
Table Row color 2 & Highlight : #464646
Table Row color 3 & Highlight : #464646

it will look like this,

Spoiler:

but well, decision in your hand, if your want to try it just dont forget to backup your previous color just in case Smile

about that white titel on portal im still try to figure it out Confused
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 17th 2008, 10:28 pm

The title color in the portal block is relative to the normal text color

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 17th 2008, 11:17 pm

solved the dark blue username problem.ALL that took was Disabling colored usernames.Didn't see that before.

Now we'll try the table colors from Adiex and see if that's a fixer upper too.
Thanks Adiex.Gonna get this yet.
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Broly Ss10 May 18th 2008, 8:23 am

It's not that I'm not christan, but I don't know this.
Broly Ss10
Broly Ss10
Forumember

Male Posts : 349
Language : English/Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 18th 2008, 11:05 am

i've decided to leave the board as is.Ok. There's some emoties we can't use.
We lose a few there;but we can replace them.
I don't know anything about changing a template.So i appreciate all the help i've rec'd and what was able to be done.
However,i do wish there were some way to change the font color on the portal where it's white on silver.I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a way to change this.
Is there a way to change the portal text to black on the TITLES?
And that's it.I'm sure there's tons of other ppl here that need help.We can't spend forever on this.
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 18th 2008, 3:55 pm

Ok here is what I came up with:

1. Why black for a christian site?
2. In order to change the color of the titles on the portal titles you need to change the text color.

3. You can put a image in place of the colors for the tables;

go to admin panel:
styles
colors
Css stylesheet

IS there script in that area?

if so find:
Code:

td.row1{
 background-color: #cac794;
 }
td.row2{
 }
td.row3{
 }

And replace with this:
Code:

td.row1{
 background-color: #000000;
background-image: url("link to image");
 }
td.row2{
 }
td.row3{
 }

Now find the following a little bit lower:

Code:

td.row3Right,td.spaceRow {
 border: #000000;
 border-style: solid;
}

And replace with:

Code:

td.row3Right,td.spaceRow {
 border: #000000;
 border-style: solid;
}

Be sure to click save!

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 18th 2008, 7:17 pm

1.why black for a Christian site? Black is a color.
With the right graphics black stands out and makes the graphics stand out as well.The header has an image of Christ Pantokrator.It really wouldn't stand out as well on a lighter color.The other reason is the skin itself.I looked at a bunch of other themes and none impressed me like this one.
I have another Catholic site and it's blue,but it goes well with the graphics of the forum.
Thanks for all this info!!!! Will see what happens and get back with you.
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com May 18th 2008, 7:42 pm

i'm going to leave the forum AS IS.I don't think we're understanding what i'm asking here.i wanted to leave the whole forum AS IS and JUST change the write message and post message areas-not the WHOLE forum.

It's fine. If anyone does get what i'm saying get in touch.But other than that i think i am going to leave it alone.
Thanks for the help.I know you've gone to a lot of trouble.
To be honest;in setting up a board i ALWAYS begin with an image;usually an icon(Eastern ie Byzantine).Anyway,that image is going to be part of the header.The colors are going to be based solely on that image.Whatever makes it stand out more.Could be black or blue,white or red etc.
ALL based on the image/icon.

Last edited by boxerpaws@ma.rr.com on May 18th 2008, 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)
boxerpaws@ma.rr.com
Forumember

Back to top Go down