The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site link is dead

3 posters

Go down

Site link is dead Empty Site link is dead

Post by baldo May 30th 2008, 8:08 am

ive sent my forum url through friendster but my friends told me the site is not available but i can open it from my side.

help me please, i want to promote my site.

thanks
baldo

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Site link is dead Empty Re: Site link is dead

Post by zakir321 May 30th 2008, 1:02 pm

In this case it would probably be better if you ask at the friendster-support as it's obviously a problem with their service. you mentioned the forum itself is working. Check if you have pasted the URL correctly.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2008, 1:14 am

You may have stopped members and users seeing the site, you have admin control so you can see it at al times

admin panel\general\config

check that you haven't closed the forum and then check

admin panel\forum\forum permissions

and make sure that guests and members are able to view the forum

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by baldo May 31st 2008, 7:47 am

thanks for help.

my problem no is i cant open my site at my office. i dont know what the problem. please help.

www.pinoy-adik.forumandco.com
baldo

Back to top Go down

Post by ce-hub May 31st 2008, 9:14 am

theres probably something wrong with the code your using...
and actualy when you put your url at the friendster comment, it was not ment for ckick'able, try post it at bullitin board insted and if did not work, leave here your url here so we could see if there something missing Oh my god
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2008, 12:13 pm

hey

well if its from your office, out of experience i cant open much from my office either, my business uses a secure ftp server and requires each page to be authenticated, unfortunatley the forum isn't authenticated so i can see much except the nav bar and the links at the bottom

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by baldo May 31st 2008, 12:35 pm

thanks again for help...however, how could the page been not authenticated since ive started this forum at my office. i created again a new forum and i can access it from my office but the previous one is not. my old forum showing network error upon entering the url at my browser.

what should i do to make my page authenticated since i spent all my time at my office and i want it to update/configure from time to time.

please help.
baldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 31st 2008, 12:47 pm

Well its to do with the security system in the office

When pages are authenticated on a server there is several things that need to be done, hopefully i can make this simple and easy to understand Very Happy

Many business's use security systems to stop spam pages being used (Stops virus's etc)
So each page has to be authorised and put onto a list of approved sites

1. You type in the url
  2. The url then gets sent to a server to request it to be loaded
  3. The server then sends it to get authenticated
  4. It then gets sent back to the server with/without authentication
  5. The server then decides if the page should load
  6. If it is authenticated and carrys the security signature it is added to the approved sites, then it loads fully
  7. It it is not authenticated then only the basic HTML and CSS elements will load

many pages however like Bebo and Myspace will already be on the list for denied access and will be blocked automatically so authentication can never be given from that server

This is how many business's operate however it is not the case for all business's
If you cannot get access to the full forum then you could get more access on the system,This would allow you to get the forum authenticated
If you have any doubts about this, check the forum outside of the office
I know people in my business who have more access than others can get the forum up without any issues

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down