The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED

2 posters

Go down

NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED Empty NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED

Post by Merlin333 June 14th 2008, 5:14 am

When a new member registers, I get a letter notifying me of their registration, I can click on the link in the email and find their new account - to all other methods of seeing or accessing their account they are invisible. They are not even recorded as the last member registering.

Please advise me as to what caused this and how it can be corrected.

Thanks
Jon (Merlin333)
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED Empty NEW REGISTRATIONS - MISSING - SOLVED!!

Post by Merlin333 June 15th 2008, 9:12 pm

As usual I guess, I found my own answer. Load the old Administrator panel and there is a command to activate members.

On this "old" interface there is another command I had "lost" - the command to set the widths of portal columns. You can set the colum widths by percentage or pixels there.

I am not technically knowledgeable to offer what caused them to be missing in the first place - perhaps one of the moderators can offer this information.

I cannot find either of these options on the new interface.

The answer is out there Cool
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED Empty Re: NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED

Post by ToTyFruTTy June 16th 2008, 1:55 am

yes i was about to tell you
that you need to activate them maually
sorry for being late
Hello
ToTyFruTTy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBERS ARE NOT BEING RECORDED Empty NEW REGISTRATIONS - MISSING - SOLVED!!

Post by Merlin333 June 16th 2008, 5:19 am

My forum is set to automatically accept registrations and not require an administrator to approve the request, the member just has to click the link in the welcome email the system sends - that activates the account. Until this weekend it worked fairly* consistently. Four people registered this weekend and although I received a notification letter, could click on the link to see their profile, they were otherwise "missing".

I brought up the "Old" administration screen and manually activated the accounts. So in my case it seems something went wrong.

*I say fairly because I attempted to re-label the registration questions and am now unable to locate and change the email address label to retitle it. When joining, the screen displays 2 requests for e-mail address and it causes some confusion.

Thanks Hello
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Back to top Go down