The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game

2 posters

Go down

Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game Empty Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game

Post by p4p July 5th 2008, 7:37 am

We thought our admin forum was private.One of our members was honest enough to point out she can read it although she does not have permission.Either there is a glitch or we don't have the settings right.

The other issue is that now that the panel has been changed i can't find where to change the style of our categories/forums.The subforums set up is driving everyone crazy.We have to do something about this.They are driving me crazy too. It's far too confusing.
Hope we get help soon!!
My admins are beginning to get frustrated and i wonder that we will stay here very long if things don't start working right as well as be less confusing.Should they suggest moving then we will probably move.I trust their judgement.The rpg does not work. There's no where to activate it(no such command button exsists)nor does checkmarking the display character sheets.It displays the character sheets but that's about it.This questions has never been answered on this forum and i've asked a number of times!!!
p4p
p4p
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game Empty Re: Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game

Post by Lord IceMan July 5th 2008, 8:47 am

p4p wrote:We thought our admin forum was private.One of our members was honest enough to point out she can read it although she does not have permission.Either there is a glitch or we don't have the settings right.

You should have an alternate account that's just a regular user so you can make sure things like permissions are working the way you intend them to. That's what I do, anyway.

Administration > General > Categories and forums

Go into that page and it should list all your forums, and should display icons for management of them. Click on the orange gear "modify" icon and it will take you to a page for configuring it. There are two tabs here, and you need to click the second tab labeled "Permissions". I like to handle permissions in advanced mode, but either way just go through making sure the desired check boxes are ticked. My Admin board is intended for Admins and Mods, so they have all the check boxes ticked and nobody else does, and that should work. Just to be sure, create an alternate account that's a regular user and make sure you can't see the board.

p4p wrote:The other issue is that now that the panel has been changed i can't find where to change the style of our categories/forums.The subforums set up is driving everyone crazy.We have to do something about this.They are driving me crazy too. It's far too confusing.

If you're wanting what I think you're wanting, try:

Administration > Display > Structure & hierarchy

That brings you to the page where you have six different options for display of your categories and forums.

I apologize in advance if I've been of no help.
Lord IceMan
Lord IceMan
Forumember

Male Posts : 88

http://iceman.azureforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game Empty Re: Three issues;Admin forum, sub forums and RPG game

Post by p4p July 6th 2008, 8:37 pm

man you have been terrific help.First response i've had yet!!

What about the RPG game problem though? We can't activate it and checkmarking display character sheets i read was supposed to do just that.All it does is display the character sheets-it does not activate the game.

You've got 2 outta 3 and you actually REPLIED!!!
you're awesome in my book.
Thank you!
p4p
p4p
Forumember

Back to top Go down