The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you sticky or announce ( Solved )

4 posters

Go down

how do you sticky or announce ( Solved ) Empty how do you sticky or announce ( Solved )

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 7th 2008, 4:48 pm

how do you sticky topics and make announcements

Last edited by Nessa on July 12th 2008, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: To Mark Topic as Solved)
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Female Posts : 42
Language : english

Back to top Go down

how do you sticky or announce ( Solved ) Empty Re: how do you sticky or announce ( Solved )

Post by zinex July 7th 2008, 5:01 pm

when you make a new topic by clicking new topic button, you should see an options button or link, below the box where you are typing your new topic. click it and it will drop down to show you a section where you can choose to make it a sticky etc.

You should make sure that the forum itself has its permissions set to allow you to make stickys, by going in admin...general...forums and categories, and clicking the permissions symbol to see what permissions you have set for the forum.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

how do you sticky or announce ( Solved ) Empty Re: how do you sticky or announce ( Solved )

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 7th 2008, 6:41 pm

i have set for myself as admin to sticky and announce but i have no sticky or announce buttons Sad

only have split, delete etc
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex July 7th 2008, 6:57 pm

it is not a button like that, its in the optiosn section that should appear just below your new topic box along with:

Disable HTML in this post
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted

it should say post topic as: normal sticky announcement
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 7th 2008, 11:27 pm

i only have the quick mod tools
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by VNinjaV July 10th 2008, 11:31 pm

Also, I would like to know how do you STICKY a members post?
VNinjaV
VNinjaV
Forumember

Male Posts : 100
Language : English

http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 11th 2008, 12:35 pm

i have found the others lol

but yes i too would love to know this
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 11th 2008, 12:43 pm

VNinjaV wrote:Also, I would like to know how do you STICKY a members post?
To make a member's post a Sticky (or Announcement) you need to have moderator capabilities. If not, you can't do it. If you do have moderator capabilities, then you have to click on the "Edit" button of the first post in the thread. Then you can scroll down, past the text box and find the option that makes it either a Normal, Sticky or Announcement. Select what you want and then click on the Send button.

By the way, this should have been it's own topic. It's a violation of the rules to ask for help in another members thread.

Last edited by Scamite on July 11th 2008, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 11th 2008, 1:05 pm

Embarassed sorry if i was wrong but i did start the topic
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 11th 2008, 1:07 pm

I'm so sorry ~*Hunnys2Angels*~. I never looked to see who posted. It was a big mistake on my behalf. Sorry once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hunnys2Angels*~ July 11th 2008, 1:26 pm

It's ok i forgive you Laughing

thanks again for letting me know how to sticky
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
~*Hunnys2Angels*~
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 11th 2008, 1:40 pm

I'm glad I was able to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by VNinjaV July 12th 2008, 10:30 pm

Scamite wrote:
VNinjaV wrote:Also, I would like to know how do you STICKY a members post?
To make a member's post a Sticky (or Announcement) you need to have moderator capabilities. If not, you can't do it. If you do have moderator capabilities, then you have to click on the "Edit" button of the first post in the thread. Then you can scroll down, past the text box and find the option that makes it either a Normal, Sticky or Announcement. Select what you want and then click on the Send button.

By the way, this should have been it's own topic. It's a violation of the rules to ask for help in another members thread.

Thank you Scamite, if there was a THANK YOU button I would press it, if there was an ADD REP button I would press it, but as things are, I can just say thank you. And also I apologise for posting question in another members thread, will not do it again, I am quick learner Smile
VNinjaV
VNinjaV
Forumember

Male Posts : 100

http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa July 12th 2008, 11:55 pm

Since it appears these question(s) have been answered. I will lock this topic and mark it as solved.

=> ( Members Questions Answered )
=> Locked

Nessa
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down