The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Administrators?

+7
ce-hub
KQ
crystal786
kylesmummy06
Caihlem
zinex
Anime2Life
11 posters

Go down

2 Administrators? Empty 2 Administrators?

Post by Anime2Life Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 17:05

Can someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages to having more than one administrator? Is it okay to have only one and Why is it useful and beneficial to a forum to have more than one admin?
Anime2Life
Anime2Life
Forumember

Male Posts : 232
Language : human

http://gamersvortex.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

2 Administrators? Empty Re: 2 Administrators?

Post by zinex Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 17:08

me and my friend are co admins of our forum at the moment. I prefer having a co admin but i dont think it really matters. I prefer it because it means i am not wholly responsible for every little thing on my forum, and i know she is as dedicated as i am, because of her position. You need to be realy sure you can trust someone before making them admin though.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 17:14

I think it's really helpful to have a Co-Admin, if only just to not be alone at the summit Smile

Each forum I've had where I was alone didn't suceed, however, the two where we were 3, they both had a reasonable sucess
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 18:15

Advantage is like when you are not going to be on for like 24 hours there is still someone on to actiavte ban and ban ips that need banning.

It helps when the site is busy and on mine we have like points and blinkis etc that need to be added for certain things only admin can do and it would take for ever if i had to do it alone.
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 22:41

Now its time for the disadvantages:
That so called trusted admin could delete members off of your forum which recently happened to me (but then Zinex kindly helped me to restore the forum). I learned a very valuable lesson........NEVER TO MAKE ANYBODY ADMIN AGAIN.
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Female Posts : 924
Language : English

http://www.thesocialgalaxy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 23:13

The forum I am on has 4 Co Admins.

We have been the Admins since the site's founding and it has helped disperse the responsibilities. Plus when someone doesn't get on it doesn't neccessarily lead to the site slowing down on updates.

There are disadvantages...Mostly arguments on how to run things, and admin verse admin can be played by the users.

However it'd be a pain in the neck to do it by ourselves.

Just don't make to many Admin...I recently did this and it turned out awefully (On another site)
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by ce-hub Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 0:34

zinex wrote:me and my friend are co admins of our forum at the moment. I prefer having a co admin but i dont think it really matters. I prefer it because it means i am not wholly responsible for every little thing on my forum, and i know she is as dedicated as i am, because of her position. You need to be realy sure you can trust someone before making them admin though.
indeed... Very Happy

but i think 2 is enough, as an admin in my forum i also have co-admin but his rank was web-designer he helps me deisgning graphics and so as implement some rules on major cases.

well anyway its not also advisable to have more than 2 admins and so as many moderators if not realy required by your forum. since the problem when there are lots of user's who implement the rules most members will have, what they called insicurities or sort of since they will feel afraid or a little degrade themselves for being just a member... most members wants ranks and posistions and so as lots of considerations to do things in there own.
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by rich_in_millsberry Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 0:41

Caihlem wrote:I think it's really helpful to have a Co-Admin, if only just to not be alone at the summit Smile

Each forum I've had where I was alone didn't suceed, however, the two where we were 3, they both had a reasonable sucess
totaly agre
rich_in_millsberry
rich_in_millsberry
Forumember

Male Posts : 255

http://millsberrymasters50.niceboard.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 12:07

I'd say 2 would be more than enough for forums with less than 10k members.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 13:22

how do people choose a mod/adim?
Bubbles
Bubbles

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jul 2008 - 1:31

I have two administrators on my Forum. I am in New Zealand, and the other admin is in Luxembourg, so trust is crucial to the success of the forum.

It makes it a lot easier when there is more than one administrator. Because if someone has a problem, and you're not on, there is something that can help. Like with my forum, I am in New Zealand, he is in Luxembourg, so while I sleep, he is on, and when he sleeps, I am on.

Also, if the forum fails, the blame doesn't entirely fall on you. The other admin played a key role in the successfulness of the forum, so they also feel guilty that the forum did not succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by alexsteven Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 16:41

It's very useful in forums like mine because there isn't a cash mod and I must put all the badges and items that my members win myself (my most popular forum has 750 members).
alexsteven
alexsteven
Forumember

Language : Greek, English

Back to top Go down