The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest is viewing forums not accessible

5 posters

Go down

Guest is viewing forums not accessible Empty Guest is viewing forums not accessible

Post by Ranee July 12th 2008, 3:41 am

I have a guest on my board that is able to view forums that they shouldn't be able to view. I doubled checked all the permissions. How are they able to do that?

The reason I know is on the main home admin page. It says they are viewing a forum they shouldn't be.

I have their ip and noticed them on earlier today

Last edited by Ranee on July 12th 2008, 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more words)
Ranee

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Guest is viewing forums not accessible Empty Re: Guest is viewing forums not accessible

Post by nimiel July 12th 2008, 3:48 am

maybe it's the name of the member??? not sure really.. If it is a guest, then ban that guest.. on the user and groups and ban the IP address
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519
Language : english

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guest is viewing forums not accessible Empty Re: Guest is viewing forums not accessible

Post by Ranee July 12th 2008, 3:50 am

I did go ahead and ban the ip. Even if it is a user it would be showing their user name, correct? And not show them as a guest?
Ranee

Back to top Go down

Post by p4p July 13th 2008, 10:38 pm

i had same problem.Wondered about recent topics in portal.It shows ALL Topics even from private areas.Such as our admin area.Then i wondered if they were able to ACESS them from the portal.Dunno.

I took out the widget recent topics just in case.
p4p
p4p
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 14th 2008, 12:53 am

is this problem still persisting?

drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 14th 2008, 1:36 am

Ranee wrote:I did go ahead and ban the ip. Even if it is a user it would be showing their user name, correct? And not show them as a guest?

No. A guest is not registered, and thus will not have a username. They will appear only as "guest."
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranee July 14th 2008, 8:42 pm

I have not seen the ip since I banned it the other day.
Ranee

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link July 14th 2008, 10:37 pm

I have private areas in my forum too- and when I am logged in- they appear in the latest topics scrolling on the portal. But If i'm on as a guest- Those private topics do not scroll. So maybe there's something in your settings? And yes- they can get through on the portal page.
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down