The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CSS] Open original image in a new window?

3 posters

Go down

[CSS] Open original image in a new window? Empty [CSS] Open original image in a new window?

Post by perca July 26th 2008, 5:09 am

Once again, hello there!

I was having some issues with images on my board getting cut due to size, so I searched around the help boards for a solution, finding some codes provided by Sunny_D on another post, as follow:
Code:
.postbody img{max-width:800px;}
The code above resized all the images posted inside my boards as I desired, but my pictures got distorted by the resizing. I would like to ask if there is any css code for turning any images posted inside the boards that are bigger than the limit -I wanted using the other code- into links for the same image's full size - opening in a new window.

Tx in advance for any help!
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

[CSS] Open original image in a new window? Empty Re: [CSS] Open original image in a new window?

Post by Saurus July 26th 2008, 6:55 am

The code Sunny posted limits picture size to 800px in height. It should not enlarge or resize pics smaller than that size - it's a "max" size. If it's too large, adjust the max size to something smaller, like 480px.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[CSS] Open original image in a new window? Empty Re: [CSS] Open original image in a new window?

Post by perca July 26th 2008, 4:12 pm

Saurus wrote:The code Sunny posted limits picture size to 800px in height. It should not enlarge or resize pics smaller than that size - it's a "max" size. If it's too large, adjust the max size to something smaller, like 480px.

Yes, I know that the code limits the image size and that was what I was looking for not getting the board distorted or the images cut. What I want to know -since when the images get auto-resized they get a bit distorted- is a css code for turning images larger than the limit -the other code provides- to auto turn into a link for the original picture in a new window. I saw something like that on other boards (not forumotion tough) and I know that the image was not post as a thumbnail by the user, it was turned into a link by the forum codes. That's what I'm looking for.
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 26th 2008, 6:28 pm

As the images are resized automatically, some quality loss is inevitable. The proportions should remain though...

What you described in your last post is not possible with this forum software, but the most image host services (ServImg, ImageShack, ...) offer thumbnail links as well that you could use. Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down