The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to Administration panel

2 posters

Go down

Access to Administration panel Empty Access to Administration panel

Post by jacyber Sun 3 Aug - 16:23

I think I know the answer to this question already but I just want to verify. I am currently a moderator of one of the forums built here and the problem I have is that the administator has disappeared and no one is able to contact him. This leaves the forum floating in limbo as membership was set by acceptance of administator. There are also other things that need to be maintained that unfortunately I cant access. Is there any way to do anything without the administator being available or will this forum just die away and the need will arise to start a new forum?
jacyber

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Access to Administration panel Empty Re: Access to Administration panel

Post by Saurus Sun 3 Aug - 16:59

Unless the founder/admin chooses to give the original password to someone - there is really nothing you can do, unfortunately.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jacyber Sun 3 Aug - 20:16

I thought as much..but just had to put it out there...really a bit of a shame but thanks for the response
jacyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 4 Aug - 1:48

Hi jacyber,

This is unfortunate if the only administrator has abandoned the forum. There is nothing you can do, apart from let the Forum simple "die". You could create your own forum, and try to get it as close as you can to the original one, then redirect your members to register at yours. But other than that, there is nothing you can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by jacyber Mon 4 Aug - 19:11

Scamite wrote:Hi jacyber,

This is unfortunate if the only administrator has abandoned the forum. There is nothing you can do, apart from let the Forum simple "die". You could create your own forum, and try to get it as close as you can to the original one, then redirect your members to register at yours. But other than that, there is nothing you can do.

Thanks for the response, and yeh..its really too bad...Im going to have to try and discuss with the other moderators what our next step can be
jacyber

Back to top Go down